Developer - Foreign Exchange
BARCLAYS EXECUTION SERVICES LIMITED SINGAPORE BRANCH
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$10800 - S$14200
Developer - Barclays Foreign Exchange Singapore
As a Barclays Developer within Foreign Exchange, you will join a team focused on building out the functionality and technology of the firm's e-commerce platform for foreign exchange cash. Our cross-asset electronic trading platform helps our clients to optimise execution performance by accessing deep pools of liquidity through our innovative and evolving trading technology. You will have the opportunity to work on developing innovative trade capture, pricing and processing solutions.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with Front Office Traders to understand new trading requirements, while providing demonstration of ongoing deliverables for feedback
• Being involved with Sales and Traders to understand new Client requirements, and provide the ability to develop and deliver those solutions
• Working closely business analysts, project managers, technical leads, quantitative analyst testers and quantitative developers, to design, develop and deliver solutions
• Documenting new requirements in JIRA and progress them as deliverables within the team
• Participating proactively in the wider Barclays foreign exchange technical community on strategic platform enhancement initiatives
• Being an active participant in technical discussion meetings across multiple projects in the wider team as part of regular ongoing technical forums
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent C++ 14 and above, programming skills with strong knowledge of STL and Boost
• Excellent experience of developing low-latency trading systems and writing C++ code for multithreaded server applications and performance tuning techniques on Linux or Windows
• Experience of C++ unit testing practices, ideally GTest
• Good scripting skills using Python, Perl or similar coupled with experience of using SQL and ability to write stored procedures, are highly desirable
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proven experience in working in the Investment banking, working with directly with Traders, Desk Heads and Quantitative Development teams
• Experience gained in Foreign Exchange Cash Spot and Forwards, NDF products, Options or Derivatives and Money Markets
• Experience of Java GUI and Core Java
• Experience in designing and developing real time high frequency front office trading systems
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Closing on 20 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company