DevOps Engineer, Vice President
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$20000
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a DevOps engineer you will join the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organization in the Corporate and Investment Bank). You will be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in meta-data & data to model, track and deliver Data in Place and Data in Motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage & transporting data at scale on Cloud technologies, capturing Models & APIs in our Model Repository and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering & Architecture we are at the forefront of defining & driving adoption of the latest technology and best practice throughout the CIB.
Your role is to work with our Application Development and DevOps teams to deliver & support our solutions in production. Your deep knowledge of DevOps best practices, resiliency, technology controls, architecture, continuous delivery, application programming & testing will help our team meet JP Morgan’s standards, controls and our client’s requirements. You will work as part of a global and diverse team, with clients across the globe.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Preferred Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
· Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
· Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
· Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
· Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
· Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages Java, Python, or Scripting languages
· Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
· 7+ years hands-on experience with scripting & software development in a modern language
· Hands-on experience with Linux and Cloud technologies
· Experience using and developing software build scripting: Maven, Gradle or SBT
· Knowledge of software automation and tooling
· Ability to collaborate with teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
· Understanding and hands-on experience with cloud & container technology
· Ideally will have familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes / micro-services / Kafka
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Closing on 26 Sep 2021orview more job listings from this company