Director, Oil and Gas & Chemicals Industries
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE) LIMITED
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$15000 - S$24000
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· The Industry Banker is responsible for contributing to origination and providing industry expertise on deals. The Industry Banker will bring origination and product execution capabilities in order to focus on strategic deals (Corporate Finance and Capital Markets).
· Industry banker is responsible for engaging with clients on M&A, Financing and Capital Markets. The Industry Banker will work closely as a team with the Relationship Managers and Product Partners to deepen client relationships and drive revenue and returns growth.
· Energy sector as a whole is undergoing major transition with ESG and Decarbonisation driving the agenda. Our sector team is at the forefront of working with clients in the O&G Sector as they transition to a low carbon future.
· Singapore based sector team covers Asia Pacific and Middle East regions and is well regarded and has advised on some of the key transactions in the region. There is a healthy pipeline of mandates and the team is looking for a motivated individual to join a high performance team
· We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong interest in the Energy landscape and Energy transition.
· Strong problem solving skills are a must and so is the ability to see the big picture with regards to sector trends. The individual will be expected to develop and generate new and innovative ideas for the clients across the bank’s product suite
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Originate new mandates to help achieve the Industry Coverage annual budgets
· Develop strategic financing and M&A ideas for clients, taking the lead on the preparation of pitch-book materials
· Ensure mandates are properly and expediently executed to the highest standards
· Lead engagement with client, including deal economics, engagement letter and term sheet negotiations
· Position SCB’s Industry Group as a first port of call for SCB’s core clients requiring services in M&A advisory, LBO advisory, private equity placements, acquisition financing
· Initiate and develop new relationships with target clients and develop and maintain existing client relationships
· Work closely with Relationship Managers / Industry Bankers to up-tier key client relationships and help propagate an advisory culture in the wholesale bank
· Work closely with product partners in Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Financial Markets and Transaction Banking to integrate and cross-sell products
· Leverage key lending relationships to win advisory and acquisition financing mandates
· Develop and manage talent of the Industries junior resource pool; encourage a performance driven culture
Our Ideal Candidate
· Degree or post graduate qualified from a top-tier school
· Strong understanding and interest in the O&G sector, Energy transition and convergence sector
· 5+ years of M&A experience strongly preferred with understanding of Financing products
· Prior experience in a top-tier investment bank with a track record in Structured Debt, Project Finance, M&A, Capital Markets, Financial Markets or Structured Trade transactions
· Solid financial analysis, client interaction, deal negotiation and structuring
· Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance obligations
· Team player with ability to work across sector and product teams
· Strong work ethics, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
· Effective communication skills both written and oral with internal and external clients and stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
How to Apply
Click here ( https://scb.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100017748&lang=en) to apply now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential
You can search and view current opportunities across our organization and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
· You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
· Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
· We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Closing on 05 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company