Equities: AVP / VP, Order Management System Core Java Software Engineer (Equity Execution Technology), Global Markets Technology
MERRILL LYNCH GLOBAL SERVICES PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$10500 - S$20000
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Background: The Equity Execution Technology team is responsible for the development and support of the global order management platform that serves across multiple lines of equities business including single stock, portfolio, swaps, and electronic trading. The platform offers client portfolio and order management, electronic and algorithmic trading connections, pre-trade and post-trade analytics, crossing and facilitation, and the associated workflow. The APAC regional team is broadly distributed throughout the region with concentrations in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia.
We have recently secured 3 years of initiative funding starting in 2021 and we are looking to ensure the team is sized appropriately to deliver on all our business aspirations. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and self-driven Technologist who considers themselves an expert in Core Java development to join us in Hong Kong or Singapore. In this challenging role you will be responsible for delivering on a number of high profile key initiatives that will prove to be extremely lucrative for our business. The culture of the firm is one that fosters excellence, team work, learning, delivering and believing in our people. We are looking for a new team member who loves to learn and take initiative.
- Hands on designing and developing equity trading system
- Working with key business partners to ensure accurate and on time delivery of projects
- Providing thought leadership on the future direction of the products
- Collaborating with peers located in Europe and US for global consistency
Essential Skills (Technical / Business Domain / Managerial / Soft skills)
- 4-8 years of development experience with front office trading systems. Experience should include work with:
- Real-time market data
- Multi-threaded systems
- Inter-process communications
- Memory management
- Client/server architecture
Proven experience with object oriented development. Experience should include:
- Design patterns
- Java SE
Proven experience with SDLC for complex projects. Experience should include:
- Agile development methodologies
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration
- Proven track record of development of low latency market connectivity systems.
- Understanding of micro-structure of equity markets across Asia
- Understanding of the various functions within a trading desk
- Experience working within distributed development teams
Desired Skills (Technical / Domain / Managerial / Language skills)
- Java development experience
- Relational database skills
- Experience with middleware software
- Working knowledge of FIX
- Experience with execution/order management systems
Closing on 27 Jan 2021orview more job listings from this company