ESG, DtW Business Analyst
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE) LIMITED
Banking and Finance, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$6500 - S$13000
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· SCB’s vision is to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank. We’re committed to sustainable social and economic development through our business, operations and communities.
· This is an opportunity to join a fun, high performing team and influence the Client Coverage strategy for ESG – including new and exciting ESG Risk and Sustainable Finance solutions.
· Helping create the vision for ESG across Client Coverage, in addition so that collectively we can:
o Deliver maximum business benefit
o Maintain the Bank’s license to operate
· Be a key enabler to deliver ESG demand around Client Journeys, to enhance client experience from end-to-end and achieve exponential outcomes
· Take responsibility for part of the ESG backlog: by researching, documenting and grooming user stories
· Contribute to the Product Ownership Community of Practise
The successful candidate will work with various stakeholders across the network, to prioritise and implement ideas which build on our 3 ESG pillars:
· Sustainable Finance - Impact Finance, Climate Change, Infra, Commerce
· Responsible Company - People, Conduct, Environment
· Inclusive Communities - Community Engagement
This is an opportunity to play a critical role across the Business (front line), Risk (second line) and Technology & Innovation partners, in contributing to the end-to-end ESG Business Architecture. The successful candidate should:
· Use product knowledge and design expertise to enable delivery of a new Sustainability features
· Conduct detailed business and market analysis
· Define, document and deliver user stories for a specific ESG feature set
· Use market best practices to deliver a solution that is in line with SCBs ambitions
· Contribute into the e2e Business architecture by defining the capabilities and business services required at each stage of the client lifecycle
· Support the Product Owner in their responsibilities;
o Prioritise and sequence the requirements/ product backlog according to business value
o Collaborate with stakeholders to define the Minimal Viable Product (MVP)
· To participate and contribute to high level design of complex and large-scale strategic initiatives
People and Talent
· Be part of the “Doing the Work” deliverables for ESG initiatives
· Client Coverage COO has recently established a Product Ownership Community of Practise to ensure our Product, Feature Owners and Business Analysts can share knowledge and experience to continuously improve and support each other. This role will be an active member of this practise and should strive to contribute to its success and growth
· Enable Strategic Goal Managers to articulate key risks and issues across design
· Support Product Management, Product Owner and Feature Owners to champion, and represent ESG goals and delivery at various appropriate governance forums
Regulatory & Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Lead the ESG team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Client Coverage COO Management Team
· Client Coverage Management Team
· Client Coverage Product Management
· ESG Product Owner & Feature Owners
· Technology & Innovation
· Environmental & Social Risk Management (ESRM) Team
· Sustainable Finance COE
· ESG Strategy
· Enterprise Risk Management
· Reputational Risk Team
Our Ideal Candidate
· ESG Investing Certification/EFFAS is a plus
· Prior experience and expertise in ESG, Green/Sustainable Products, OECD Requirements, Capital Relief, UN ESG Goals with 3+ years of overall experience
· Experience working in an agile change delivery environment
· Experience in defining strategic roadmaps, and demonstrable experience in influencing priority
· The ability to illicit and document Epics, User Stories and acceptance criteria
· Knowledge of industry trends, regulations and technology across Sustainable Finance and Reputation Risk
· A good understanding of how environmental concerns relate to material business risks and opportunities
· Knowledge of IFC performance Standards is a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Closing on 06 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company