FICC: Assistant Vice President / Vice President, FX Cash Business Analyst / Senior Developer, Global Markets Technology
MERRILL LYNCH GLOBAL SERVICES PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$10500 - S$20000
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Background: Quartz is an integrated front-to-back position management, pricing, risk management and sales/trading system for all financial instruments across all GMRT business lines. Quartz is the strategic technology platform for all development in GMRT.
The role is for a position within FX Cash technology, to develop software for the FX Cash business of Bank of America within the Quartz platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality software on timescales in an intellectually challenging environment. The successful candidate will be required to become proficient in the tools and methods of the team in a short space of time and will be expected to make an ongoing contribution to improving the design, performance and auditable quality of the overall solution.
- Responsible for developing software in Python and associated technologies using the Quartz platform for FX Cash business.
- Work as part of a global development team, to ensure that global tools and technologies are leveraged.
- Responsible for providing specific, measurable and accurate estimates on short timescales in an intellectually challenging environment
- Take business specific requirements and implement them in a generic and flexible manner to enable reuse.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science
- At least 7 years of experience in software development, preferably within the investment banking / finance industry
- Excellent understanding of FX products and Trade life cycle
- Strong understanding of Risk and PnL
- Hands-on programming skills in Python, Java or CPP
- Excellent problem solving / investigation abilities
- Good interpersonal skills as a team member
- Proactive in tackling technical problems
- Willingness to pick up new skills when needed
- Understanding of FX Cash and Option products
- Excellent verbal / written skills
- Ability to balance the need for high quality output with the need to meet tight deadlines
- Has a understanding of eFX business
- 4~5 years of experience in working with trading and sales
- 4~5 years of hands-on experience in Python
Closing on 27 May 2021orview more job listings from this company