FICC: Vice President, Global Rates eTrading Senior Software Developer, Global Markets Technology
MERRILL LYNCH GLOBAL SERVICES PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$10500 - S$20000
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Background: An exciting opportunity for a Vice President level candidate to join as a Senior Developer in our FICC Rates technology team in Singapore to drive evolution of next generation FICC Rates eTrading footprint in the region. The FICC (Fixed Income, Currencies, and Commodities) Rates organization has a serious commitment to expanding its global electronic trading platform, through the development of next-generation low-latency market data and market access solutions, real-time position management, real-time credit checking, client quoting, algorithmic hedging and execution.
The eTrading front office technology team develops and supports the front-office applications responsible for electronically pricing, market making, and hedging.
This role will be crucial in helping establish a world-class technology function focused on delivering results in support of the Global Electronic Trading Rates Businesses. You will be developing and supporting the server side components of market making, pricing, and hedging applications used primarily by various desks globally. The role will require close interaction with the traders, understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their need.
- Building high-performance, low-latency trading components
- Experience with Java: Multi-threading, low latency, high performance (including GC tuning)
- Experience with Linux, UNIX, Solaris and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with versioning tools such as GIT/Perforce/SVN.
- Experience with the electronic trading of various products and internalization requirements and related issues.
- Extensive knowledge on development of order management systems and order life cycle for various order types.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills on Linux/Windows using gdb and other profiling tools.
- Work with technology partners and business groups in the region and globally to deliver high quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop robust systems with an eye towards performance, supportability and maintainability
- Excellent development practices including pairing, code reviews, unit testing and regression testing
- Collaborative attitude when interacting with other developers, support, and front-office
- Independent worker with good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to document/communicate issues
- Ability to organize multiple competing tasks and priorities with a rapidly changing environment
- Development and technical leadership experience in complex application development (primarily server-side) using Java along with a background in multi-threaded implementation and low-latency messaging
- Good communication skills and ability to coordinate different tasks and work with different stakeholder groups and demonstrate proactive-ness and high motivation
- Experience working in Fixed Income eTrading technology
- Agile development practices with a focus on writing thorough and testable code
- Experience with message oriented middleware such as 29 West/Solace/AMPS/RV
Closing on 12 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company