KACIFIC BROADBAND SATELLITES LTD.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology, Professional Services, Telecommunications
S$11000 - S$15000
Kacific is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to
providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost using
robust technologies and an agile business model.
Founded in 2013 by a core team of senior satellite professionals, Kacific is backed by
a group of investors with experience in global telecommunications and infrastructure.
Our first Ka-band high throughput satellite, Kacific1, launched in 2019 to stream
high-speed, low-cost, ultra-reliable broadband to rural and suburban areas of the
Pacific and South East Asia.
Kacific is a wholesale business selling to telecommunications operators, internet
service providers, governments and other service providers.
The Finance Director will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
Reporting to the CFO, you will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise accounting and finance staff members as applicable including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory management and financial operations.
With HQ in Singapore and team members based across the world Kacific are a leading next-generation wholesale broadband satellite operator that are disrupting their industry and bringing telecommunication services (high speed internet) to countries in the Pacific and South East Asia. With our first satellite launched in 2019 this is an exciting time to join the team at Kacific.
· Oversee all financial accounting and reporting, including developing accounting policies for the group, producing financial statements and management accounts, and managing the annual audit process
· Analyse financial information and provide reporting and analysis to senior management
· Assist in development of budgets, devise and implement appropriate procedures to assist with budget compliance, and analyse actual results to identify and explain variances versus budget
· Optimise tax outcomes by researching tax matters and coordinating external advisers; ensure overall tax compliance
· Manage treasury and cash management functions
· Prepare reports and analysis for the Board, senior management, and other stakeholders including shareholders and lenders
· Oversee financial operations for the business, including customer invoicing and collections, accounts payable, and inventory management
· Improve internal procedures and controls
· Manage, support and mentor accounting and finance team members
· Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organisation
To be successful in this role you will require a demonstrated successful track record in the following area:
· Accounting qualification, with extensive experience with producing financial statements and management accounts
· Extensive knowledge in IFRS within Singapore
· Experience in managing audits and working with external auditors
· Advanced knowledge of major accounting software systems
· Experience in preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite, including advanced Excel skills
· Experience working in a start-up or a smaller team environment in Singapore
· Experience working in organisations with entities in multiple jurisdictions, particularly in the Asia Pacific region
· Experience in tax compliance across multiple jurisdictions
· Accounting qualification
· Bachelor or higher degree in a relevant discipline
· Self-motivation and drive
· Ability to solve problems, make decision
· Highly organised and demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
· Highly developed English communication skills (oral and written)
· Confident and determined approach with ability to present to executive team and board members
If you can demonstrate you have the required experience and skills and are seeking a role that will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and be an important member of a small, focused and friendly team then we would love to talk with you.
NOTE: Please no unsolicited call or resumes from agencies thanks.
Closing on 06 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company