Finance Manager, IFRS 17
ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY, LTD
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation
Permanent, Full Time
S$8750 - S$10000
You will be a member of the Singapore office financial reporting team working closely with Head Office (Fairfax) and international operating subsidiaries alike and will play a significant role in the implementation of the International Financial Reporting Standard 17 – Insurance Contracts (IFRS 17) across Allied World (AW) and to report to Fairfax. The team also supports due diligence initiatives across AW.
- Ensuring the successful implementation of the new IFRS 17 standard, for local entities with reporting requirements and AW and Fairfax reporting.
- Acting as a business partner to certain international (re)insurance operations with respect to the AW and Fairfax wide IFRS 17 implementation project.
- Accounting research and analysis of new transactions or business initiatives, including the preparation of IFRS technical accounting papers.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and notes for group and standalone applicable entities post IFRS 17 implementation.
- Assist with establishing US GAAP to IFRS reconciliations, control procedures and an effective close process for across all entities post IFRS 17 implementation.
- Lead the build out of IFRS 17 internal reporting and analysis.
- Provide IFRS 17 training to Finance staff, as needed.
- The above tasks are not definitive, and the tasks and responsibilities may change as the business develops.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA and CIMA or equivalent international designation required) with minimum 4 years post qualification experience
- Relevant (re)insurance reporting experience in a corporate environment or at Manager level in a “Big 4” firm.
- Pre-existing knowledge / experience of IFRS 17 and insurance accounting a distinct advantage.
- Strong technical accounting skills – broad and detailed knowledge of the IFRS reporting standards and previous exposure to accounting complexities.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various departments and at all levels.
- Strong people management skills and experience.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proactive and solution-oriented approach to researching and addressing complex matters.
- Some travel may be required.
About Allied World
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, Ltd, through its subsidiaries, is a global provider of insurance and reinsurance solutions. We operate under the brand Allied World and have supported clients, cedents and trading partners with thoughtful service and meaningful coverages since 2001. We are a subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, and we benefit from a worldwide network of affiliated entities that allow us to think and respond in non-traditional ways. Our capital base is strong, our solutions anticipate rather than react to changing trends, and our teams are focused on establishing long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial. We have over 1,400 employees in offices across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Allied World is an equal opportunity employer. Subject to applicable law, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, disability, military service, marital or civil partnership status, family status, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or regulation in the relevant jurisdiction where we operate.
Learn more about Allied World by visiting: Web: www.awac.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/alliedworld | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/allied-world
Closing on 06 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company