Financial Consultant (Asia Academy)
ST. JAMES'S PLACE (SINGAPORE) PRIVATE LIMITED
Banking and Finance, Insurance, Professional Services, Sales / Retail
Permanent, Full Time
S$2500 - S$3500
The St. James’s Place Asia Academy offers individuals, who have the desire to become a Financial Adviser and build their own Advisory Practice with an opportunity to develop their career even if they have minimal Financial Services experience.
The Asia Academy is a 9-month structured development programme, which covers the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a successful Financial Adviser. The learning approach is a combination of on-the-job and off-the-job learning, and each Consultant will work with an experienced Mentor Partner.
Ultimately when the individual graduates from the Asia Academy having met all the programme objectives they will become a Financial Adviser working with their Mentor Partner.
The approach of a Financial Adviser within St James’s Place is ‘goal based financial planning’ – truly understanding the client’s goals and dreams and helping them create a financial plan to achieve them. It can be a very rewarding and fulfilling role and consists of the following
- Build client relationships based upon developing strategies focused on achieving the client’s financial goals through the use of financial and wealth management solutions.
- Prepare and submit recommendation documents to implement a plan selected by the client.
- Advise clients on appropriate investment products, financial and wealth management services/products.
- Where applicable, refer the client to other financial establishments/organisations to obtain services outlined in the client value proposition plan that are beyond the scope of services provided by St. James’s Place.
- Regular ongoing contact with the client to revise financial plans based on the review and modification of client needs or changes in the investment market.
- Arrange suitable insurance for the client, recommending the amount and type of coverage based on a needs analysis
- Keep abreast of the financial markets, constantly monitoring the specific investments in the client’s portfolios, and keep up to date with new investment strategies and investment vehicles.
- Develop and cultivate a client base through on going servicing.
- Attend Financial Advisers meetings and continuing education sessions to retain and develop knowledge about products, services, policies, and acquire the required relevant CPD certification.
- Prepare and deliver presentations/seminars to clients and prospects for business development purposes.
- Comply with all industry rules and regulations.
- Work alongside local Marketing Team to create an individual sales and marketing strategy for cultivating new client relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the expat wealth management market in Singapore
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures
- M5, M8, M8A, M9, M9A, HI – ideally gained before joining the Academy, but if not passed within the first 3 months.
Skills, behaviours and experience:
- Fluent in English
- Relevant sales and business development experience
- Demonstrate a proven successful track record of their existing career
- Disciplined & self-driven individual who has passion to excel
- Resilient – can keep going, even when things get tough
- A desire and a genuine interest to help people with their finances
- Has integrity with a focus on ‘doing the right thing’ for people
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Would be an advantage to have
- Experience of working within Financial Services
- Experience of working in an industry with transferrable skills such as Recruitment or Real Estate
- Experience of being a Financial Adviser in a different jurisdiction which requires professional qualifications such as the UK or Australia.
Closing on 07 Jul 2021orview more job listings from this company