Financial Consultant (Asia Academy)
ST. JAMES'S PLACE (SINGAPORE) PRIVATE LIMITED
Banking and Finance, Professional Services, Sales / Retail
Permanent, Full Time
S$2500 - S$3500
A little about you…
- You have been looking for that new challenge and want to build your OWN business, not somebody else’s
- You excel at talking to people and building relationships
- You are entrepreneurially minded and have a strong interest in helping and assisting people
- You want to build this business with structure and support from a global company
A little about the opportunity:
The St. James’s Place Asia Academy offers individuals, who have the desire to become a Financial Adviser and build their own Advisory Practice with an opportunity to develop their career even if they have minimal Financial Services experience.
The Asia Academy is a 9-month structured development programme, which covers the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a successful Financial Adviser. The learning approach is a combination of on-the-job and off-the-job learning, and each Consultant will work with an experienced Mentor Partner.
Ultimately when the individual graduates from the Asia Academy having met all the programme objectives they will become a Financial Adviser working with their Mentor Partner.
The approach of a Financial Adviser within St James’s Place is ‘goal based financial planning’ – truly understanding the client’s goals and dreams and helping them create a financial plan to achieve them.
It can be a very rewarding and fulfilling role and consists of the following:
- Build client relationships based upon developing strategies focused on achieving the client’s financial goals through the use of financial and wealth management solutions.
- Prepare and submit recommendation documents to implement a plan selected by the client.
- Advise clients on appropriate investment products, financial and wealth management services/products.
- Where applicable, refer the client to other financial establishments/organisations to obtain services outlined in the client value proposition plan that are beyond the scope of services provided by St. James’s Place.
- Regular ongoing contact with the client to revise financial plans based on the review and modification of client needs or changes in the investment market.
- Arrange suitable insurance for the client, recommending the amount and type of coverage based on a needs analysis
- Keep abreast of the financial markets, constantly monitoring the specific investments in the client’s portfolios, and keep up to date with new investment strategies and investment vehicles.
- Develop and cultivate a client base through ongoing servicing.
- Attend Financial Advisers meetings and continuing education sessions to retain and develop knowledge about products, services, policies, and acquire the required relevant CPD certification.
- Prepare and deliver presentations/seminars to clients and prospects for business development purposes.
- Comply with all industry rules and regulations.
- Work alongside local Marketing Team to create an individual sales and marketing strategy for cultivating new client relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the expat wealth management market in Singapore
- Also adhering to Company policies and procedures
- M5, M8, M8A, M9, M9A, HI – ideally gained before joining the Academy, but if not passed within the first 3 months.
Your skills, behaviours and experience:
- Fluent in English
- Relevant sales and business development experience
- Demonstrate a proven successful track record of their existing career
- A desire and a genuine interest to help people with their finances
- Disciplined & self-driven individual who has passion to excel
- Resilient – can keep going, even when things get tough
- Has integrity with a focus on ‘doing the right thing’ for people
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
It would be an advantage to have:
- Experience of working within Financial Services
- Experience of working in an industry with transferrable skills such as Recruitment or Real Estate
- Experience of being a Financial Adviser in a different jurisdiction which requires professional qualifications such as the UK or Australia.
A little about us…
St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 company and the largest wealth management companies in Asia and the UK with over £129 bn (circa $239bn SGD) of client funds under management (as at Dec 2020). We have over 25 years of experience and have offices in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Singapore as well as throughout the UK. We are now represented by over 4,300 qualified advisers across our Partnership and assist over 760,000 clients with their finances, globally.
On acceptance and upon graduation from the Asia Academy, the successful candidate will benefit from:
- Bespoke support to smooth your transition to St. James’s Place.
- Access to our distinctive award-winning approach to investment management.
- The St. James’s Place Advice Guarantee*
- Access to significant support resources available to all Partners of St. James's Place
- Access to research and commentary provided by an industry-leading investment team
- Specialist advice and technical support.
- Exceptional marketing support, including personalised website, digital content and client events.
- Personalised support in developing a long-term business plan to help you achieve your own personal goals and aspirations.
Importantly, becoming a Partner with St James Place means that you own your own clients. When you look to retire or move on much like a business that you have built yourself, you will have the option of selling your business via our business sale and purchase facility.
(*St. James’s Place guarantees the suitability of the advice given by members of the St. James’s Place Partnership when recommending any of the wealth management products and services available from companies in the group.)
Closing on 19 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company