FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (EXPAT WEALTH MARKET)
ST. JAMES'S PLACE (SINGAPORE) PRIVATE LIMITED
Banking and Finance, Insurance
Permanent, Full Time
S$7000 - S$14000
A Financial Consultant with the focus in the expat wealth management market in Singapore to counsel clients on potential investment opportunities, by exercising their knowledge of investment strategies, securities, tax laws, pension plans, real estate, and insurance.
Determine the client’s assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives in order to suggest financial alternatives that will co-ordinate with both the client’s short term and long term financial goals.
- Analysis of client’s financial status, developing client value proposition plans based on the understanding of financial data, and discussion of financial objectives with the client.
- Build client relationships based upon developing strategies focused on achieving the client’s financial goals through the use of financial and wealth management solutions.
- Establish relationships to ensure that the client retains the Group and Consultant for wealth management services over the longer term.
- Prepare and submit recommendation documents to implement a plan selected by the client.
- Advise clients on appropriate investment products, financial and wealth management services/products.
- Where applicable, refer the client to other financial establishments/organisations to obtain services outlined in the client value proposition plan that are beyond the scope of services provided by St. James’s Place.
- Regular ongoing contact with the client to revise financial plans based on the review and modification of client needs or changes in the investment market.
- Arrange suitable insurance for the client, recommending the amount and type of coverage based on a needs analysis
- Keep abreast of the financial markets, constantly monitoring the specific investments in the client’s portfolios, and keep up to date with new investment strategies and investment vehicles.
- Develop and cultivate a client base through on going servicing.
- Attend Financial Advisers meetings and continuing education sessions to retain and develop knowledge about products, services, policies, and acquire the required relevant CPD certification.
- Prepare and deliver presentations/seminars to clients and prospects for business development purposes.
- Comply with all industry rules and regulations.
- Work alongside local Marketing Team to create an individual sales and marketing strategy for cultivating new client relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the expat wealth management market in Singapore
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Deliver a Client centric advisory process covering the holistic needs of clients both investment and protection
- M5, M8, M8A, M9, M9A, HI (essential)
- CHFC or CFP accredited (desired)
- UK Financial Services qualifications (an advantage)
Skills and Requirements
- Self-driven individual who has passion to excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing face-to-face financial advice
- Good knowledge of current market performance and investment strategies
- Strong Knowledge of Financial Planning/Wealth Management advisory process
- Strong understanding of UK/European/Australian market knowledge including but not limited to Pension and Tax ideally with a UK relevant financial services qualification
- Strong client base and a large network of High-Net-Worth individuals, with proven track record of turning prospects into clients and existing funds under management
Closing on 09 Jul 2021orview more job listings from this company