FMO Data Manager
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Banking and Finance, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$5000 - S$10000
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Onboard SEC data elements such as instrument and other reference data elements used by FM and FM
o Operations to perform regulatory compliance activities such as regulatory reporting
• Define data management global control standards and roll these out across the data management activities
• Put in place monitoring such as MIS and ORF metrics to ensure adherence to these control standards.
• Establish and document the service level agreements between Data Domain Owners (DDOs) and
o Downstream Process Owner
• Define and promote within the SEC data architecture should ensure Critical Data Elements (CDEs) are
o sourced from golden sources
o Where such golden sources do not exist, a plan to be defined to establish a golden source.
• Profile the CDE quality based on agreed definitions of timeliness, completeness, accuracy
• Assess control effectiveness for end-to-end data flow
• Score each CDE overall DQ status for tracking and monitoring
• Where controls are missing or ineffective, or where DQ is considered below required standard, identify
o relevant process and/or control owners and work with them to define and implement relevant controls
• Ensure all upstream process and control owners are aware that the identified operational and technical
o controls are impacting STAR reporting compliance, and acknowledge ownership for go-live
• Data controls operating model defined and implemented
Our Ideal Candidate
• 5 years’ experience in reference data and regulatory reporting
• Knowledge of FM products and associated FM Operations processes
• Proven ability to define and implement best practice operational processes & controls
• Strong organizational skills, ability to develop and manage projects and define data lineage
• Working knowledge of FM industry regulation (including EMIR, SEC, DF & MIFID), utilities and change
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Closing on 15 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company