Freight Assistant Operational Control Analyst
LOUIS DREYFUS COMPANY ASIA PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$3600 - S$5000
LDC is a global merchandiser of commodities, a major asset owner and processor of agricultural goods, and a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. LDC offers a multi-national learning experience across multiple products with its presence in more than 55 countries across the globe.
The Freight Platform both charters and operates vessels, offering a wide range of services and support both internal and external customers with offices in Geneva, Singapore and Wilton. While chartering activities has traditionally concentrated on the agricultural trades, today nearly half of the chartering supports its diverse third-party customer base, including major global miners, steel mills, utilities, and other industrial organizations.
As an Assistant Operational Control Analyst for the Freight Platform, your primary responsibilities will be to support the day to day operations of the Platform in Singapore including Daily P&L and Positions and payment validation. You will also be involved in various monthly closing activities including financial and management reporting, production of statutory accounts and IT projects, process improvement and efficiency projects when required.
· Prepare daily trading PNL for assigned desk and close the trading P/L on a timely basis. This includes preparation of journal entries for Accounting teams to book.
· Review and validate daily freight transactions in payment system.
· Prepare working capital analysis on a monthly basis and commentary for movement.
· Perform general month-end accounting tasks to ensure that the financial results are prepared and reported timely in accordance to IFRS and Singapore accounting standards as well as internal policies. This includes Statutory and Management reporting.
· Perform month-end trading and accounting PNL reconciliation to ensure no major discrepancies and differences are accounted for.
· Work closely with Freight Operations, Trading, Execution and Accounting teams to ensure that transactions including accruals and provisions pertaining to trading book are accounted for properly in the trading system and that they are in line with IFRS.
· Liaise with Accounting teams in offshore Shared Services Centre and Singapore to ensure that non-trading activities are booked accurately.
· Coordinate and liaise with external parties like external auditors, tax agents, local tax and government authorities where required, during quarterly GST filing, annual statutory audits and annual MSI-AIS Award submissions.
· Engage actively in the ongoing process of automating tasks and constantly look for areas of improvement.
· Assist the Manager/Controller to assess and identify risks within the business and any other adhoc tasks as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
· Degree in Business/Accounting/Economics or similar field.
· 1-3 years of experience in Product Control/Business Analysis/Management Accounting/Audit/FPA from freight/shipping/commodities industries.
• Good understanding of futures markets, hedging and derivatives mechanisms.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability and willingness to interact effectively with all levels of employees & management.
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and to prioritize.
· Self-starter with ability to work independently and to take initiative; proactive attitude toward problems and issues.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure atmosphere. Flexibility on working time during periodic closings.
· High level vision with and attention to detail.
· Ability to identify/control weaknesses and implement process improvements.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel / SAP / IMOS systems.
Closing on 27 Jan 2021orview more job listings from this company