ECCO SHOE PRODUCTION PTE. LTD.
Logistics / Supply Chain
S$5000 - S$8000
The Freight Manager reports to the GSO Downstream Manager and is primarily responsible in managing an analytical work with regard to sourcing activities, freight procurement, and other key sourcing and freight parameters with ECCO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Freight Tender Management
- Data analysis on rates, lanes and the optimization of both
- Co-ordinate, plan and manage GSPS global freight RFQ’s
- Developing systems to screen the appropriateness of vendors
- Leading the RFQ process with the identified vendors
- Full participation in any tender panel discussion and the input into vendor selection
- Leading the implementation process of new agreements/vendors including full SOP and contract agreements.
- Ensure stakeholders concerns and issues have been addressed and managed
- Ensure that ECCO optimizes on costs structure with regards to freight/forwarding costs.
- Identity, analyse and propose opportunities for improvement relating to service performance, freight savings and/or system enhancements
- Lead any project related to GSO activities
- Support, understand and address operational changes required to support the business strategy
- To be involved in of SAP TM and make recommendations in SAP TM parameters (i.e. mode, routings, rates, lead times and provider) and ensure a complete and efficient system
- Support the GSO Downstream Manager in working to optimize ECCO’s global freight and distribution
- Monitor 3PL performance against ECCO metrics
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews with preferred forwarders and ECCO units
- Monitor freight spend of actual vs. budgeted
- Support the global freight budgeting process
Freight Strategies and Tactics
- Proposes the right freight strategies and tactics linked to the overall freight situation worldwide
- Implements the agreed strategies and tactics
- Master Degree in Supply Chain Management or similar.
- Preferrably 5-10 years of experience in 3PL environment/shipping/forwarding.
- Exposure to freight management.
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong understanding of international logistics (air, ocean, road)
- SAP/SAP TM user knowledge is desirable
- Good negotiation skills
Imagining yourself at ECCO? Get a glimpse of what your new exciting career entails on www.enter.ecco.com.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 25,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.
Closing on 05 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company