Full Stack Software Engineer - QFII - Synthetics Products Group - Equities Technology, Executive Director (69702)
GOLDMAN SACHS SERVICES (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$20000
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Business Area Description:
The Synthetic Product Group (SPG) business offers institutional clients and hedge funds products which are optimal with respect to tax, balance sheet and funding. Business revenues come from commissions, financing and dividends through the trading of CFD and Equity Swap OTC instruments alongside futures, ETFs and structured products. It is part of a front to back alignment where engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely across the SPG organization to deliver the firm even more effectively and efficiently to our clients
The Synthetics Trading Engineering Team is a front office facing team focused on developing a global platform that will support the SPG business as well as developing tailored business technology solutions driven by desk requirements. The role involves working closely with the trading desk and quant teams across a number of functions including execution, inventory optimization, position keeping, trade flows/booking, and funding strategy.
As a key full-stack developer on this team, you will be at the forefront of various revenue-driven technology builds and play an integral role on the trading floor. You may be working on a data-driven initiative to optimize decision making across multiple aspects of firm's synthetic products offering. You may be building a cutting edge technology stack that utilizes vital franchise data to suggest potential netting strategy, inventory management ideas, funding optimizations, as well as improving our ability to capture and visualize trade flows. You will work in a team of highly capable, self-guided pragmatic, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software.
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management and workflow systems
- Design distributed computation infrastructure to consume large volumes of data emitted by order management systems and run parallelized queries over large volumes of data
- Use data to guide intelligent decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Quantitative Research or equivalent experience
- 3 to 7 years of professional experience full-stack web development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in data driven quantitative analysis and optimization
- Working experience in the financial industry and front-office facing environment
- Financial knowledge and good understanding of Equities Synthetic or Derivative products
- Prior experience with Python programming languages
- Experience building state management systems, complex event processing and transaction sequencing architectures
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency, GC-free real-time operation
- Prior experience with event sourcing (sequenced core stream) based architecture
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing on 24 Jun 2021orview more job listings from this company