Group Tech Lead (APAC)
ASPIRE LIFESTYLES ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD.
S$7000 - S$11000
A. Overall Purpose of The Job (Brief description of the primary purpose of this position)
As part of the Aspire Lifestyles Product Engineering team, you will participate to develop and maintain the next generation innovative digital platform of services to cater to our institutional Client’s high-end retail customers in the Luxury and Service sector.
Our teams work as feature teams in waterfall and agile modes (as appropriate), working on the full stack necessary to deliver our products. Therefore, we are looking for people who are passionate about tech, clean code and able to pick up on new stacks whenever needed. We are practicing agile in a pragmatic way so that we can deliver value frequently and incrementally.
Our tech stack includes:
- Native iOS and Android applications
- Azure API Management as our integration platform between the different services we build (RESTful APIs)
- Outsystems, that we use for rapid prototyping, development of both web and mobile applications
- We develop our products to be multi cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, local clouds for specific regions like China or Russia
B. Key Responsibilities (Critical responsibilities and skills of this position, listed in order of importance)
- Contribute to the software design of the products / services we develop. Take ownership of delivering quality software.
- Skills designing and developing software using modern security techniques and strategies.
- Make the software design of the tasks / features you will work on with a mindset of adaptability and maintenability (clean and readable code, test coverage, safe code…).
- Develop features as planned with the team during the sprint planning using the right engineering practices: unit testing, continuous integration…
- Guide the team on best practices to implement APIs (life cycle, versioning, test approaches…) that can be easily integrated and maintained over time with third parties
- Follow methodologies such as the 12 factor app and clean code practices and ability to mentor younger software engineers to make them progress
- Actively participate to the different team ceremonies and take ownership of topics to get things done. Help other team members when possible to push things forward as a team
- Cooperate daily with Product Owner / Business Analyst / Tester to understand well requirements to be developed and how to test them, and demonstrate proactive behaviour to suggest business improvements.
- Continuously strengthen your tech skills by active learning (tech meetups, reading books or tech blogs…)
- Share with others to foster collective learning and improvement in our technological know-how and practices.
- Make presentations in tech events / meetups on innovative projects that we are doing to foster the development of the tech ecosystem in the tri-state area and to participate in building our brand in the tech community
C. Job Profile
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong in Data structures & algorithms/Object oriented Design/Design patterns
- Very strong experience building native applications for iOS and Android
- Very strong in .NET, and capability to learn new languages if needed such as Golang, Python…
- Very strong in API design and implementation
- Strong experience in building secure software using security techniques and strategies
- Proficient and knowledgeable in various design patterns.
- At ease with waterfall, agile practices and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience working on service oriented architectures and designing software in this context
- Operational experience with Outsystems (or other Low Code/No Code platform) and/or any Enterprise Content Management software is a definitive plus
- A plus if you have demonstrated scrummaster skills
- A mindset of ownership of the topics you are responsible with and of getting things done
- An “open source” mindset willing to continuously learn and share your findings with others. If you also contribute to opensource projects, this is definitively a big plus.
- A know-how to mentor and grow younger software engineers
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years of experience
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical discipline
- English language skills (oral and written) an absolute must.
Closing on 09 Nov 2021orview more job listings from this company