Head of Risk
CHINA CITIC BANK INTERNATIONAL LIMITED SINGAPORE BRANCH
Banking and Finance, Risk Management, Wholesale Trade
Permanent, Full Time
S$18000 - S$25000
Responsible for monitoring and managing all credit, market and strategic risks associated with the running of the Singapore Branch’s businesses. To establish local risk procedures, direct resources and approaches to ensure effective risk management through preventive and corrective measures. To ensure GM SGB and CRO are kept abreast of the Branch’s risk profile and material risk issues.
You will manage the Risk team for the Singapore Branch and be responsible in the following areas:
- Ensure and monitor compliance of Group Risk Policies and Guidelines by the Singapore Branch.
- Establish local risk monitoring mechanisms, processes and procedures for the Singapore Branch.
- Direct the management of credit risk on an ongoing basis; act as the ultimate gate-keepers for credit exposure on behalf of the Branch and Head Office.
- Ensure the compliance with all relevant regulations to maintain the credit-worthiness and status of the Bank
- Promote strong asset quality and establish a strong credit culture through adherence of Group credit policies and lending guidelines
- Support CNCBI’s strategic aspiration to be the “best integrated financial services institution” by facilitating the implementation of initiatives within a 4C Framework (Culture/Customer/Collaboration/Cyberspace)
- Ensure Risk Management Group and Branch senior management receive timely information on credit risk, market and strategic risks through regular reporting
- Provide guidance to business units on risk management issues, facility structuring, customer selection and mitigants.
- Ensure all risk decisions are communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Provide updates to various business and support units on changes in risk management policies/requirements from Head Office and/or changes in regulatory requirements relating to credit, market and strategic risks.
- Cultivate a risk-aware culture across the Branch.
- Co-manage communications with the regulators and auditors in close liaison with Singapore Branch’s senior management.
- Degree in accounting, banking or finance field preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of wholesale banking, treasury & markets and/or risk management experience. Exposures in international banks and overseas working experience will be an added advantage.
- Extensive Corporate Credit & Marketing and Risk Management experience in Singapore, Hong Kong and mainland China.
- Strong communication and written ability, with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced in leading and managing teams.
- A keen eye for detail with strong business acumen and able to adapt and respond to changes.
Closing on 29 Sep 2021orview more job listings from this company