Head of Trade Product Development & Digital Integration
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE) LIMITED
Banking and Finance, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$16000 - S$32000
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· Standard Chartered Bank has embarked on an ambitious journey to revolutionize the Trade client digital journey by developing several client facing solutions that compete not just with the Financial Institutions but also with the new breed of Fintech companies. The revenue ambitions of the Trade business for 2023 are $1.4B and product & digital integration core to ensuring this vision is delivered and is responsible to drive the Trade digitization agenda with our corporate and institutional clients.
· As Head of Trade Product Development & Digital Integration, you will lead and execute the Trade Digital strategy front to back. You will develop and manage a high performing team of professional leaders as well as work with talented team members across Transaction Banking Product Management, Technology, Chief Operating Office and other Client Service Partners to deliver agreed commercialisation benefits. You will be required to push the boundaries by bringing in new ideas that will take the Banks’ Trade digital capabilities to the new generation of Treasurers and CFOs.
· You will have a key role in Delivering innovative product capabilities, influence and manage change, commercialize capabilities and enable our Trade product Capabilities into 40+ countries. You will be Accountable for Trade Product Development, Trade Solutions and Trade Clients Digital Activation. You will continuously evaluate the ever-changing financial ecosystem and related emerging technologies in collaboration with our technology partners.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Support the Global Head of Trade to articulate and execute the Trade Digital Strategy, ensure the business follows through with execution across the four pillars Growth, Risk, Efficiency and Foundation
· Trade Product Development – Coordinate Trade Chief Product Owners as they execute the end-to-end product delivery lifecycle covering conceptualization, business requirements, product solutions, meticulous quality checks, deployment and eventually, the customer migration phases of the Trade Book of Work
· Co-own and deliver trade solution across the Trade strategic pillars Growth, Efficiency, Risk in partnership with technology across the Trade strategic pillars Growth, Efficiency, Risk and foundation by scanning the market for Fintech innovation application features, strategically rationalise to ensure scale and client usage, ascertain business relevance and come up with final recommendations and execution plan.
· Trade Client Activation – Accountable for the successful digital activation of our trade clients, ensure business case benefits are achieved
· Work extensively with the external user interface specialists / vendors and demonstrate thought leadership in visualizing and building intuitive and innovative user flows to deliver best-in-class Trade digital experience.
· Work closely with the external vendor delivery teams, reinforce the business and delivery priorities, and deliver on the agreed business objectives.
· Assist the Chief Product owners in preparing status reports and documenting capabilities when articulating the key achievements / updates of the program to wider senior management teams.
People and Talent
· You are expected to be a people leader. You will build a diverse and talented high performing team which engages actively with the Chief Product Owners, Client Relationship heads, Business heads, Strategic Goal Owners, Implementation leads & client management, legal, compliance, operations and sales teams to ensure execution of the Trade Digital Strategy.
· You take a proactive approach to risk management and on an ongoing basis will be identifying, assessing, monitoring, mitigating risks associated with execution of the Trade Digital Strategy.
· You will work with Global regional and in-country teams to ensure the Trade digital initiatives are compliant to any relevant electronic banking and/or technology risk management guidelines issued by regulators.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Trade Finance Stakeholders across Sales, Product Management and Operations
· DCDA leads across Platform, Connectivity, Third Party Platforms and Data workstreams
Our Ideal Candidate
· 15 years’ experience with a proven track record of working in the product management or channel management functions in Trade Finance/Transaction banking.
· Pertinent first-hand experience and a proven track record of working in the product management and development functions in FX for Financial Markets and or Transaction banking.
· Good understanding of the product development lifecycle using Agile Methodology and relevant prior experience in drafting vision statements, epics and user stories, use cases documents, solution papers, business workflow documents and high-level design documents.
· Deep understanding of the transaction banking domain with a profound ability to conceive and design end-to-end product flows, define interface requirements, identify relevant operational processes and clearly articulate these flows and processes to the relevant business and technology workgroups.
· Prior knowledge and first-hand experience in user interface (UI) oriented assignments, particularly on fast-emerging touchpoints such as mobiles and tablets as well as the conventional channels such as Web and Host-to-Host.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and lateral thinking skills to manage complex application functionalities and conflicting business priorities.
· Proven inter-personal skills to actively engage with cross-cultural teams across the globe in understanding client needs, training the frontline country staff, managing client queries and feedback etc.
· Understanding of technology; proven ability to translate technology possibilities and solutions to business / client usage opportunities will be an added advantage.
· Self-driven and highly motivated professional with a strong sense of ownership
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Closing on 06 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company