Investment Analyst (China Equities)
AMIRAL GESTION PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$7000 - S$15000
Amiral Gestion is an asset management company based in Paris, Madrid and Singapore, managing more than $4bn of its clients’ money with a fundamental value investment approach in global equities.
We are a partnership of highly motivated individuals, with limited hierarchy. We cultivate a culture of meritocracy and low ego leadership. We believe this team working spirit has been a key ingredient for our track record with our flagship fund (Sextant PEA) returning 14% CAGR since inception in 2002. Our secret ambition is to build one of the greatest teams of investors and hope you will join us on this journey.
About the position
You will be joining a tightly knit investment team where passion for investing, intellectual curiosity, independent thinking and teamwork are highly valued. Therefore, cultural fit is paramount.
- Assessing the attractiveness of potential investments in listed equities in China and Hong Kong by analysing their business model, strategy, and competitive environment
- Creating/maintaining valuation models for companies under coverage by thoroughly analysing their financial accounts, other types of data including underlying industry metrics and operational metrics. Your insights will help us make long-term investment decisions
- Leading meetings with company management, speaking to various stakeholders (suppliers, customers, former employees etc) and attending broker conferences
- Posting regular updates and recommendations to the investment team on companies under coverage
- Develop relationships with peers, company management and sell-side analysts in China
Desired candidate profile
You are a value investing enthusiast, you have read "The Warren Buffett Way" and are either experienced in China & HK equities or are willing to do so.
Traits we are looking for:
- 1-7 years of experience on the buy-side with a track record of investment pitches through bottom-up fundamental research
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and company valuation
- Capacity to quickly analyse and synthesize information from a variety of sources
- Enjoy working in teams, asking difficult questions, bouncing ideas off team members and be willing to speak openly
- Intellectually curious, independent thinker and self-driven to learn about new business models and industries
- Continuously looking for ways to improve and learn from mistakes
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
*Salary will be based on experience and competency
Closing on 03 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company