NEW DIMENSIONS CAPITAL PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$6000 - S$10000
New Dimensions Capital is a Capital Markets Services Licensed fund management company, regulated by the MAS. We handle ultra high net worth private clients and provide financial advisory and allocation in their investments. We are handling clients mainly from the Greater China region
The Investment Analyst (IA) will gain experience in two core functions: a) portfolio management through working with our clients and vendors and b) investment research by meeting and evaluating private investment fund managers, private banks and other vendors that we work with globally. The IA will build deep expertise in global private and public investments through internal team forums and by working on global client portfolios.
The IA will work closely with relationship managers to understand investment rationales. The IA is expected to conduct due diligence and market research, analysis of investments to relationship managers. The role involves quantitative analysis as well as a strong qualitative component. Alongside the relationship managers, the IA will meet bankers from private banks, fund houses and other financial providers to understand the investment offerings.
Having both strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Simplified Chinese is mandatory, as we manage a big percentage of China based clients. The IA is responsible for describing market conditions through written reports and in-person meetings.
This position that we are currently hiring for will be based in our Singapore office.
- Meet with fund managers, private banks and write post-meeting commentaries
- Complete in-depth due diligence on opportunities that we are recommended by other vendors
- Ad-hoc analysis to support our thematic investment views
- Work with relationship managers to build and manage private investment portfolios for clients
- Prepare investment memos and client presentation materials related to investment manager recommendations, portfolio updates, and other thematic discussion topics customized for clients
- Highlight interesting new private investment ideas and maintain a customized investment pipeline for each client
- Gather and analyze clients’ historical performance and company exposure data with the aim of developing a strategy for their private investments portfolio, understanding portfolio geographical and sector exposures, and identifying performance drivers/detractors
- Support the trades via CRM system, updates and upkeeping
- Other duties as assigned, as earned, and as our company grows and evolves
- Demonstrated interest in private and public investments including stocks, private equities, bonds ,funds, FX
- Experience in structured product offerings such as KODAs, ELNs, FCNs, accumulators/decumulators
- Familiarity with the private banking or fund management environment would be a prerequisite
- Ability to generate new trade ideas through analysing latest news flows
- Comfortable in a client facing environment
- Strong writing ability and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Shows good initiative and a curiosity to learn
- Excellent organizational skills, keen eye for detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Must have a strong command of the English language; business fluency in banking and financial in business simplified chinese is mandatory
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, power point
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance) with a record of high academic achievement
- Masters Preferred
- CFA preferred
- Individuals with minimum 8 years of work experience in private bank advisory segment or fund management companies are welcomed to apply
- Singaporeans or PRs preferred
Closing on 02 May 2021orview more job listings from this company