IT Middleware Engineer (Banking)
NEW TONE CONSULTING PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Consulting, Information Technology
Contract, Full Time
S$6000 - S$11500
This role is for a technical support position and he/she will be responsible for overseeing the support services provided by the APAC IT Core Middleware team. They must ensure that the team’s services are delivered on time and aligned to agreed SLAs and processes.
He/she will help ensure the quality of Core Middleware services remains consistently high, that operating policies are developed or are strictly followed, and adhere to all IT security policies to maintain system integrity and quality.
- Responsible for the overall Project/BAU support operations of Core Middleware systems in APAC (infrastructure in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and China) and regional oversight of the rest of APAC countries.
- Must have a mindset to provide continuous team and service improvements, be risk-averse in change management, focus on mitigating middleware vulnerabilities and be eager to improve the monitoring, efficiency, reliability, capacity and quality of all IT services.
- Strive to ensure 100% uptime for all Core Middleware systems infrastructure in APAC, taking into account business requirements.
- Able to plan, test and execute Production changes successfully following a robust Change Management process.
- Responsible for updating all live production documentation under their scope.
- Has direct hands-on experience managing to reduce hardware and software obsolescence across IT.
- Work closely with all major stakeholders of the Core Middleware Systems, and any team(s) with direct influence and dependencies.
- Must build a strong relationship with our internal customers in APAC.
- Have proven experience working collaboratively with all teams across all departments and refusing to work in silo mode.
- Follow all CIB and Security policies
- Contribute to management reports and dashboards
- Report all variances from Norms and Standards
- Ensure and practice all production Disaster Recovery and BCP processes are in place
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills:
At least 5+ years of technical experience in the following middleware technologies listed below:
o Open source Apache HTTP Server (2.4.x)
o Open source Tomcat application Server (8.x, 9.x)
o REDHAT Jboss EWS (Apache 5.x)
o REDHAT Jboss EWS (Tomcat 5.x)
o IBM WebSphere Application server BASE & ND (8.x, 9.x)
Installation of Apache/Tomcat/JBoss EWS/ IBM WAS software in Windows/AIX/Linux OS environment.
Setup/Configuration of Apache/Tomcat/JBoss EWS/ IBM WAS server with SSL.
Design, re-architecting and consolidation of existing Apache/Tomcat/JBoss EWS/ IBM WAS Server setup to achieve the optimum process.
Review, design and implementation of Apache/Tomcat/JBoss EWS/ IBM WAS Windows/UNIX scripting. ( SSL renewal / deployment / restart )
Reverse Proxy setup between the web server and application server.
Automate the Apache/Tomcat/JBoss EWS/ IBM WAS installation, upgrade, patching and configuration.
To apply security vulnerability fixes in a timely manner as per business needs.
Automate the application server migration from the lower version to the supported version.
Apache/Tomcat/JBoss EWS/ IBM WAS Application testing, support, coordination.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French is a bonus.
Strong knowledge of governance, build and run the services in cloud-based environments
Proficiency in handling complex IT-related projects: end to end (from proposal, initiation, planning, execution, operations support, until project closure).
Productiveness teamwork and strong analytical skills
Demonstrate a systematic and logical approach to problem-solving
Good presentation and documentation skills
Ability to break down complex technical situations and adapt their language to all levels of discussion, from non-technical managers up to 3rd level System Experts.
Flexibility to do shift work and some weekends or late after office hours at short notice.
Must be independent, organized, self-motivated, responsible, and able to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
Relishes taking ownership, being totally hands-on and comfortable directly interfacing with people at all levels of the organisation.
Closing on 11 Nov 2021orview more job listings from this company