IT Solutions Architect (Data)
THE GREAT EASTERN LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
S$8000 - S$11000
The solution architect (data) role is responsible for the architecture and technical design of GE’s big data platform, including systems integration, processes and governance to operationalize the big data platform.
The data architect is required to work closely with business stakeholders, project managers and third party vendors to develop technical solutions in areas of AI, Analytics and the use of the big data platform to fulfil various business use cases. He/She is expected to set data architecture principles, create models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, create diagrams showing key data entities, and create an inventory of the data needed to align with our enterprise architecture vision.
· Owner of GE Big Data Platform (BDP) Architecture.
· Responsible evolvement and the governance of the BDP Architecture.
· Document As-Is and To-Be Architecture.
· Support delivery teams of related GE projects to ensure alignment of project technical solutions to the BDP Architecture.
· Provide technical directions to delivery teams in the domain of Data and Analytics.
· Document key architecture decisions
· Harvest Architecture Assets.
· Review and Approve project designs such as data models, data flow, tools, system architecture etc.
· Establishing and enforcing standards, processes, frameworks, tools and best practices for process modeling, semantic modeling, and logical and physical data modelling.
· Establish standard information architecture best practices in the context of the enterprise’s overall architecture, and consistently apply such standards to operating units and functions across the company.
· Work with project teams to ensure compliance with data management standards.
· Work with business product owners, application teams, infrastructure team, vendors, data scientists to conduct Proof of Concepts (POCs), jointly evaluate and implement various data analytics and AI related solutions.
· Prepare Data Architecture Strategies and Roadmap.
· Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective data related solutions for improved data integrity.
· Regular review of emerging technologies to assess their relevance and viability in solving on-going information management challenges. Big Data, cloud computing, data visualization, data masking, enterprise business metadata management and Data SOA.
· Work closely with users to understand and help develop functional specifications.
· Prepares written reports of findings and recommendations.
· Participate in the development and maintenance of corporate data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards and conventions for multiple computing environments.
· Work with Information Security to ensure proper classification and protection of enterprise data.
· Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
· Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
· Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, or other relevant field.
· Minimum 10 years of relevant data management experience, including architecting data management solutions and designing/developing data governance policies/standards.
· Experience in implementation of big data platform and data warehouse projects.
· Strong project leadership and management skills to lead organizational change to effectively meet strategic and tactical goals.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills required; must be equally comfortable discussing the enterprise information management (EIM) strategic perspective with executives and implementation details with operational staff and IT.
· Organizational/political agility with the ability to drive large, cross-functional data management programs involving coordination with multiple stakeholders.
· Ability to help define and articulate the enterprise data management strategic vision and translate it into tactical implementable steps to C level.
· Solid knowledge of the organization's industry and its challenges in the use of data and information.
· Certification in data management and understanding of the various technologies of data management within an organization.
· Strategic decision-making skills with a high degree of latitude.
· Financial services domain knowledge, including expertise at the intersection of risk, finance and customer domains.
· Expertise in business and IT architecture, including familiarity with leading architectural standards such as TOGAF, FEA and/or Zachman.
· Familiarity with Enterprise Metadata Management (business and IT) and OMG standards.
· Information management program life cycle experience.
· Experience in operationalizing Data Governance, Data Stewardship and Data Quality.
· Familiarity with industry data models such as IBM BDW and IIW, Teradata FSLDM, and SAS IIA.
· End-to-end data warehousing program execution knowledge and leadership.
· Familiarity with software development lifecycles.
· Experience in defining business requirements for information management projects.
· Familiarity with process modeling, semantic modeling and data modelling.
· Broad knowledge of solutions and technologies in the Data & Analytics domain such as Horton Works Hadoop Platform, IBM Netezza, SAS Viya, Talend, Infomatica, Tableau, QlikSense, Hive, RDBMS technologies, R, Python etc.
· High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
· Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Closing on 24 Jun 2021orview more job listings from this company