Lead/ Senior Database Administrator (MS SQL)
CENTRAL PROVIDENT FUND BOARD
Contract, Full Time
S$4000 - S$7000
As trustee of the nation’s retirement savings, the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board helps 4 million CPF members save for their retirement, healthcare and housing needs. Every CPF Ambassador plays a vital role in helping Singaporeans save for a secure retirement. So long as you have the passion and commitment to serve the public, you will find your niche in our big family.
IT systems form the backbone of our operations. We are looking for individuals with passion and IT expertise, to help us improve the delivery of our systems and services. The Board’s IT systems support a high daily volume of financial transactions for CPF members. In addition to keeping the lights on, the Board also keeps pace with the external environment through innovation in its IT systems.
You will be responsible for the implementation, configuration and maintenance of MS SQL Server RDBMS systems. In this ‘hands-on’ role, you will be required to execute plans to continuously improve the security of our digital database platforms and ensure the health and resiliency of the databases under your care.
Your broad responsibilities will include the followings:
- Maintain high availability and reliability of databases
- Perform daily database maintenance and database security self-assessment.
- Perform database creation, configuration and migration, apply patches and technology upgrade to keep the databases at supported level
- Ensure that the database assets and systems are managed in accordance with the security policies and standards
- Responsible for documenting database related policy, architecture and design artefact.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions based on user requirements for database-related project.
- Create program (scripts, python etc) required for automating daily task.
- Minimally 4 years of MS SQL Server Administration experience and operation management.
- Good experience in database design, maintenance and security.
- Good experience in implementation of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Oracle DB or MongoDB a plus.
- Good knowledge of application and infrastructure architecture including storage, virtualisation, backup and restore management system.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations promptly and be able to perform system upgrades after office hour/ weekends where necessary
- Position will be on a 2-year contract
Seniority of the role will commensurate with relevant work experiences
Closing on 10 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company