Lead/ Senior System Engineer (Middleware)
CENTRAL PROVIDENT FUND BOARD
Contract, Full Time
S$4400 - S$8800
As trustee of the nation’s retirement savings, the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board helps 4 million CPF members save for their retirement, healthcare and housing needs. Every CPF Ambassador plays a vital role in helping Singaporeans save for a secure retirement. So long as you have the passion and commitment to serve the public, you will find your niche in our big family.
IT systems form the backbone of our operations. We are looking for individuals with passion and IT expertise, to help us improve the delivery of our systems and services. The Board’s IT systems support a high daily volume of financial transactions for CPF members. In addition to keeping the lights on, the Board also keeps pace with the external environment through innovation in its IT systems.
You will be responsible for the setup, implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of the middleware services including the security and resiliency of the data assets.
The broad area of your responsibilities will include the followings:
- Deployment, administration, and operational support for mission critical web application systems through command line and management console
- Perform system and security upgrades, patches, vulnerability fixes on a timely basis to ensure compliance with internal security policies and standards
- Perform SSL certs configurations & renewals, JDBC data sources configurations and other configurations of middleware services
- Plan, maintain and executes disaster recovery processes as required
- Support the setup, implementation, maintenance and upgrade of the middleware services so as to ensure the technologies used are continually supported
- Manage the operational health of Enterprise platform and designing/implementing health indicators to proactively monitor and ensure availability/uptime of the platform
- Ensures compliance to security standards and policies, operational support of the middleware services and the upkeep of middleware related assets and documentation to ensure they are up-to-date at all times
- Provide 24x7 support for planned maintenance and respond to incidents as per service levels.
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in operating and supporting middleware applications on Windows and/or Linux Redhat mission critical application systems
- Experience in performing installation, patching, configurations and administration of middleware services such as Apache Web Servers, Redhat JBoss Enterprise Application server, IBM WebSphere application server and IBM MQ
- Experience in various components in the hosting enterprise web applications such as load balancing, clustering, firewalls, proxy, etc
- Self-motivated team player who demonstrates initiative and possesses strong analytical skill
- Professional certifications in IBM WebSphere, Redhat, Jboss or EAP would be preferred
- Ability to work beyond business hours and weekends for work contingencies where necessary
- Position will be on a 2-year contract
Seniority of appointment will commensurate with relevant work experience.
Closing on 24 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company