Manager, Valuation Control
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$7500 - S$9500
The objective of this role is to ensure that on a regional level, the valuation methodologies are in compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements and the internal polices of the bank. Furthermore, the role will be supporting Global Markets and other related business units in product rollout by leveraging on the job-holder’s valuation & product knowledge.
Design, implement, document & run monthly price testing procedures for all products to support the Global Markets trading business.
Perform validation of pricing models and other valuation techniques, both on initial implementation as well as part of a regular cycle of ongoing model validation.
Specific processes carried out by the Valuation Control function include:
- Price testing – verification of mark-to-market prices, using a variety of techniques and making reference to independent sources of data.
- Model validation – assessment of the validity of pricing models and other valuation techniques.
- New product rollout – to support Global Markets and other businesses in rolling out Global Markets’ related product and to ensure that the valuation treatment for these new products are in compliance with applicable standards, regulations and policies.
- Reserves & adjustments – to determine appropriate adjustments to base prices to account for market imperfections and other factors affecting fair value.
- Structured trade review – timely pre-trade review of complex transactions, to provide an independent assessment of the financial viability, integrity and valuation of the proposed trade.
Adherence to applicable accounting standards, regulations and policies to minimize audit risk exposures
Identify and address any shortcomings in current valuation processes.
Relationship management with other departments, regulators, counterparties and other parties.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or a quantitative discipline (e.g. Engineering, Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics).
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant working experience, preferably related to capital markets. For example, independent price verification, product control, risk management, quantitative analyst, structured products, middle office, ALM, credit or equity analyst, financial institution audit (esp. covering treasury).
- Familiar with treasury instruments: fixed income, FX, money market, equities, derivatives (rates, FX, credit), Islamic.
Closing on 23 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company