Marine Personnel Executive
THE CHINA NAVIGATION COMPANY PTE. LTD.
General Work, Logistics / Supply Chain, Others
S$2600 - S$5000
Assist the Marine Personnel Manager in scheduling and deployment of the crew.
Crew Changes – Assigned Vessels
- Along with the Marine Personnel manager, responsible for the planning and deployment of officers and ratings in the assigned fleet efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Work closely with the fleet team to ensure that suitable candidates are recruited and deployed onboard the vessels.
- Monitor and review performance for all junior officers and ratings and complete evaluation reports.
- Make proposals to the Marine Personnel Managers regarding the promotion of junior officers and ratings.
- Liaise with agents on crew recruitment and movement information (such as interview of applicants, flight details, crew change date, etc.)
- Booking of travel/hotel /flight arrangements for all crew in the assigned fleet in Singapore or liaise with local agent overseas for the same.
- Attend to Vessel requests on crewing matters. Interact closely with the crew including ship visits to understand the challenges facing the crew as well as their requests and propose improvements.
- Assist the MPP fleet to conduct crew changes in Singapore as assigned by the Marine Personnel manager (Reporting Manager)
- Liaise with MPA and MARDEP for officers COE and documentation and update in Compas and manning agencies.
- Updating HK/Singapore Flag crew data online using MARINET i.e., crew sign-on & sign-off through MARINET, endorsement application, monitoring & timely renewal/termination of crew article of agreements and official logbook.
- To apply dispensation with Flag for crew expired documents, contracts, and other related manning issues.
- Checking and verifying crew documents to ensure compliance with MLC/STCW/Flag and Company Document Matrix.
- Ensure crew contracts are properly always issued and valid and approving the same in the system.
- Ensuring pre-joining checks for crew are carried out and shortcomings highlighted for rectification.
- Review invoices and match with data within the Compas system and service provided.
- Arrange briefing and debriefing where required. Coordinate with dept. managers and manning agency on the same
- To issue Purchase Order for services requested for the manning department.
- To request vendor creation for newly appointed vendor/agency in SAP.
- Maintain inventory of crew epaulettes and place the order as required.
- To Facilitate pre-joining briefing of Sr. Officers prior joining via zoom/skype.
- To arrange interviews for newly hire crews via zoom/skype.
Other duties as assigned by the Marine Personnel manager from time to time.
- Part of the personnel assistance team (PAT) and provide support as directed by the PAT leader.
- Make every effort to be aware of and understand the role in the event of a crisis.
- Make every effort to attend any relevant training, simulations and or meetings relating to Crisis Management.
- Perform your role as best as possible calmly and collaboratively in line with the relevant policy and procedures in the event of a Crisis.
- Provide input and feedback towards the ongoing improvement of the Crisis Management framework and procedure.
- Take responsibility for own safety and those around by displaying safety leadership principles (i.e., Safety I’s & Accountability ladder).
- Challenge and stop unsafe acts and behaviours or unsafe conditions when and if observed.
- Comply with the Global Safety Standards, Policies and Operating Procedures.
- Assist Safety and Training Managers in the analysis of data of safety and training from various ships in the fleet.
- Assist in the coordination of disseminating safety and training related materials to the ships.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Diploma /Degree in any related field.
- At least 2 years experience in Crew Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good planner/ communicator; accurate and numerate. A self-starter with good initiative.
- Able to multi-task and work with a multinational crew and manning agencies around the globe.
- Quick to respond to changes in the training requirements or circumstances and able to provide solutions.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Adequate knowledge of Manning/ Certification requirements and Flag state requirements
- Working knowledge of STCW, the ISM code and MLC2006 as a minimum.
Closing on 03 Nov 2021orview more job listings from this company