Marine Treaty & Facultative Underwriter
MUNICH MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$10000 - S$16000
As the Munich Re Marine team continues to strengthen its Asia Pacific operation, an opportunity exists for a qualified Marine treaty & facultative underwriter in our Singapore office.
With a responsibility for marine underwriting in Asia Pacific region, this role will have a key focus on growing the Japan portfolio.
Be part of the successful collaboration between the branch offices in the Asia Pacific region and Munich Re’s Asia Pacific Marine Underwriting Centre in Singapore driving the Marine underwriting of treaty and facultative reinsurance business.
- Underwriting quality: fully assess proportional and non-proportional Marine treaty and facultative offers from Asia Pacific markets incl. risk assessment, pricing, checking wordings, capturing and monitoring exposure; cooperate with the underwriters in Singapore and Other International Offices with respect to all Marine related topics.
- Product strategy: support development, further enhancement and successful implementation of LoB-strategies for Marine business (e.g. through portfolio analysis) in close cooperation with the underwriters and client management; proactively support the client management team by exploring new business fields and helping to grow the portfolio beyond the existing book (e.g. through development of new primary and reinsurance insurance products)
- Client facing / Marketing: drive Munich Re’s perception in Asia Pacific region as an innovative company that leads opinion on both new and known issues and pro-actively offers clients tailor-made solutions (market visits, presentations, client workshops); conduct negotiations with clients and clearly explain very complex technical concepts to a client in an inspiring manner in close cooperation with our client management.
- Firm building: support the divisional and house wide quality assurance in Marine underwriting e.g. via participation in projects or presentations in internal trainings
- Relevant professional qualification: university degree preferred in maritime skills, mathematics, law, economics or in a scientific related discipline or insurance qualifications with suitable experience.
- Experience: comprehensive, minimum 10 years of underwriting experience in Marine treaty and facultative underwriting; solid understanding of reinsurance and primary insurance products.
- Expertise: solid know how of steering concepts, processes and IT tools for underwriting and business administration; high degree of analytical and problem solving capabilities and a very structured and disciplined approach, willingness to share knowledge within the team and also on a Munich Re wide basis
- Market knowledge: extensive experience and knowledge of the Japan market (knowledge of other Asia Pacific markets is a plus)
- Skills: interpersonal skills / strengths in relationship management; professional appearance, presentation skills, personal initiative, entrepreneurship, marketing strength; innovativeness and creativity; strong negotiation skills; proven ability to work effectively with multicultural and multi-location team
- Languages: Fluent business English is essential. In addition, fluency in Japanese is a major advantage.
- Willingness to travel
Please apply via the following link.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 29 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company