Marketplaces Technology Java Software Engineer, Associate
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Permanent, Full Time
S$8000 - S$16000
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Small and Mid-Sized Business (SMB) and Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketplaces Technology Team in Wholesale Payments is focused on providing innovative banking solutions that will accelerate financial digitization and facilitate the growth and operational efficiency of small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies as well as serve as a catalyst for the financial recovery and growth of small and medium businesses globally. JP Morgan Chase processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions.
We are passionate advocates for delivering software solutions that create real and measurable business value. We value creative innovators who are analytical thinkers with a bias for action that solves problems. We use design thinking and agile processes to ensure that what we build aligns with the market's rapidly evolving expectations. When you join us, you will be part of a global team of inspiring and curious technologists that are dedicated to modern software delivery processes like continuous delivery, operational visibility and automation. In addition to your strong technical expertise, you will be expected to speak up when you see opportunities for improvement as well as engage in active learning to keep your skills fresh.
What we do everyday matters to the individuals, small businesses and companies that we serve.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Significant experience working as a hands-on Java Software Engineering
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of Software Development work experience
• Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• Working closely with analysts, testers and key business partners for effective delivery and testing
• Providing guidance to feature teams while breaking down complex stories into well understood and achievable tasks
• Design, develop, code, test, debug and document applications to satisfy requirements
• Produce high quality code utilizing Test Driven Development techniques
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
• Ability to lead a global team and interact with business users and senior management
• Proficiency in JAVA/J2EE, frameworks, database and ETL tools
Tech Stack and Essential skills:
• Excellent Core Java versed in Java 1.8 and above
• Spring Boot
• Apache Tomcat
• REST or RPC, microservice based architectures
• JSON, JS
• 12 factor build
• SQL/relational datamodels with experience in Cassandra, Cockroach and noSQL structure a plus
• CI/CD – for example Git, Jenkins, Pipelines
Desirable (but not essential):
• AEM (Content Management), Kafka, AMPs, HAProxy, Grafana, Prometheus, Geneos, Kibana, Dynatrace, Jaeger, OpenTelemetry, Zipkin, Sleuth, Splunk, Groovy, Gemfire, Hazelcast, GoldenGate or other replication
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Closing on 07 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company