BARCLAYS EXECUTION SERVICES LIMITED SINGAPORE BRANCH
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$10100 - S$13500
As a Barclays Markets Lawyer, you will be part of our Macro and Credit legal team that provides transactional support, legal risk management and advice to the Asia Pacific Markets Macro and Credit business. This is an excellent opportunity to hone your skills as a subject matter expert, whilst working within a collaborative team who will support and encourage your growth.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
· Supporting the business across a broad spectrum of fixed income and FX products, including cash, OTC derivatives, exchange traded derivatives and structured notes
· Managing the day-to-day, often real time, legal advice required to support the business
· Developing and maintaining essential legal documentation including key templates used by the business
· Drafting documentation and managing the structuring, and regulatory treatment of, a wide range of structured products and transactions
· Managing external counsel in jurisdictions across APAC
· Involvement in the review and risk analysis of new products and business proposals for the business
· Shared responsibility for developing legal and compliance policy and procedures
What we’re looking for:
· Qualified solicitor in the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong or Australia
· Relevant experience in OTC, exchange traded derivatives, and/or the structured products department of a top tier international financial institution or legal practice
· Working knowledge of FIA documentation, ISDA documentation and various ISDA product definitions
· Demonstrable product knowledge across fixed income, rates and Foreign Exchange cash and derivative (including exchange traded derivatives) products
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Experience in managing legal and regulatory issues in emerging markets, including experience of reviewing industry collateral/netting opinions
· Working knowledge of US, UK, EU and Asia regulations such as Dodd-Frank, EMIR, MIFID II, BMR is preferred
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.
Closing on 29 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company