Operation Apprentice (12 Hours Rotating Shift)
OILTANKING ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD.
Engineering, General Work, Others
S$2500 - S$2500
This is a 12 month apprenticeship program where apprentices will be hired on an agency contract and put through an apprenticeship training program which will either lead to a Technician position in our company or be awarded a completion certificate of apprenticeship at the end of the training. Oiltanking is an Approved Training Organisation.
At the end of the 12 month apprenticeship program, they will be able to:
- Operate the terminal system (including jetties) according to the company's work procedures by efficiently carrying out the Daily Action Plan, updating the daily checklists and shift logs in order to keep track of the most recent procedures and track activities.
- Ensure compliance with all HSSEQ rules and regulations, including wearing the appropriate PPE, and assume suitable role(s) stipulated in the terminal's Emergency Response Plan (ERP), in order to guarantee safety of the terminal, the employees and the individual.
- Properly perform checks on the terminal systems (moving and non-moving), undertake routine checks and house-keeping on a regular basis and supervise mooring crew activities, in order to guarantee safe procedures and prevent failures to the terminal system.
- Learn how to and, if certified competently, independently perform: WDO, sampling, tank gauging, valve and pump checks, pump strainer cleaning and operating waste water system
- Conduct ship-shore conferences and berthing/unberthing vessels in accordance with company's work procedure.
- Report all unusual incidents in the terminal and raise maintenance request form for equipments failure, in order to keep the terminal running without errors.
- Complete all task evaluations under the Operations, Training, HSSEQ, HR Department and OCIMF for a Trainee Technician.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic technical knowledge and basic computer literacy
- Affinity towards safety at the workplace
- Good attitude towards work
- Eagerness to learn and grow with the company
- Able to work in a team
At least a Diploma (Preferably in Engineering)
- An Operation Trainee works in Jurong Island terminal with a team on a 12 hours rotating shift basis
- Lunch will be provided while in the terminal and shuttle bus pick up point located at Boon Lay MRT
- Apprentices will be paid a monthly allowance of S$2500 which includes the base allowance and the shift allowance
- Eligible for 1 month of Completion Bonus after the 12-month Apprenticeship Programme
Closing on 03 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company