Operations & Finance Analyst
NAVIK CAPITAL (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$2800 - S$4500
Navik Capital is a Singapore based fund manager specialising in Asian macro and relative value opportunities, investing primarily in FX and fixed income products. Our strategy combines a proprietary statistical analytical framework with local markets intelligence. Navik was founded in 2018, after successfully spinning off from a major New York-based investment management firm.
At Navik, we value cooperation and teamwork. But we equally value entrepreneurial spirit and independent thinking, which are key to adapting in the fast-changing world of finance. As a young company with experienced traders and management, a job at Navik provides significant opportunities for learning and growth, through close collaboration across departments at all levels and significant ownership of projects regardless of seniority.
Job Function Summary
Navik is seeking a driven and detail-oriented Operations Analyst to join our team. This position will offer broad exposure to the full range of global markets and products traded by Navik and the opportunity to work closely with the firm’s portfolio managers, counterparties and senior managers. This position will also have the opportunity to cross-train in other departments, including finance and valuation. The successful candidate will have the initiative to seek out opportunities to work on strategic projects and manage them to completion, working independently as well as closely within a team environment.
- Handle complete trade life cycle for all key products, including bonds, repos, interest rate derivatives, FX products and futures and options
- Completion and resolution of root causes of discrepancies
- P&L monitoring and resolution of pricing discrepancies, validating mark-to-market values and verifying margins
- Cash/positions/trade activity reconciliations – daily resolution of assigned breaks
- Liaise with prime brokers and sell-side dealers on a regular basis for any trade related queries
- Manage outsourced vendors for middle and back office activities
- Analyse overall processes to enhance work efficiency and work on ad-hoc projects
- Liaise with service providers for payments and preparation of management accounts
- Work with fund administrator to reconcile fund expenses
- Undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline (finance, economics, accounting, etc.)
- Ability to work independently within a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Organised, detail-oriented and able to multi-task and digest information quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as ability to pick up technical skills/product knowledge quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with portfolio managers and senior management
- 1-3 years of related Operations or Middle Office, especially in rates, FX or OTC derivatives is a plus, but not required
- Experience with VBA, SQL and/or Python a plus, but not required
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
Send a copy of your CV and cover note to HR@navikcapital.com
Closing on 21 Jan 2021orview more job listings from this company