Operations Associate (Securities)
AZQORE SA SINGAPORE BRANCH
Banking and Finance
S$4200 - S$5000
Azqore is a leader in outsourced banking services. One of the entities under Credit Agricole Indosuez Wealth Management, provides integrated solutions and quality services to our clients.
Asia Operations provide operational capabilities to Azqore’s client banks, allow them to focus on executing their strategy, reduce operational cost and improve operational risk. Commitment to quality and continuous process improvement, is at the heart of all Asia Operations activities. It is thus one of the key functions to facilitate and drive Azqore to reach its ambitious growth target, by putting the clients at the center of its activity, being attentive to their needs, bringing them value and increasing their satisfaction.
Within Asia Operations, the Securities team is responsible for processing and managing the risk relating to securities & derivatives settlements, securities transfers, corporate action (income, cash asset creation and maintenance).
The incumbent will be part of this exciting function and is responsible for:
- The processing and controls of the processes within the Securities function.
- Ensuring that the services delivered to the Azqore clients are performed under the best conditions of efficiency and productivity.
- Working closely with his/her colleagues to provide clients with technical expertise and solutions, in a comprehensive, timely and accurate manner.
- Successful applicant will be assigned to one of the securities functions in order to learn the basic handling of the system as well as the generic work flow of the team.
- There is an expectation that he/she will be required to cross-trained to functions within the team depending on individual’s learning capacity and attitude as well as the needs of the team. He/she will therefore be responsible to demonstrate an understanding of the process and system flow, taking prompt action to investigate discrepancies.
- Proactively manages and resolves discrepancies relating to the functions he/she performed with internal (Reconcilations) and external (custodians/counterparties/clients) teams.
- Works closely with colleagues locally and abroad
- Participates to Azqore Asia Operations projects
- Proactive drives and implements process enhancement and improvements
- Ensures training of new colleagues, where required
- To be cross-trained to other functions within securities team based on individual learning abilities
The Securities Associate should develop around the following capabilities:
1) Client Service Oriented & Strong Stakeholder Management Skills
- Leverage technical expertise to provide clients with quality processing and solutions
- Build and maintain a strong communication channel with clients and stakeholders
2) Risk Awareness Skills
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the key risk areas of the functions and its relevant controls
- Ensure that the controls are performed according to the procedure
- Demonstrate strong escalation skills
- Ability to be part of the diagnostic process and implement solutions.
3) Technical Skills/ Product Knowledge
- Obtain an excellent knowledge of the system, S2i, as well as Azqore, including its vision, objectives and culture
- Demonstrate an in-depth front to back knowledge of the processing which he/she is responsible for
- Demonstrate a willingness to cross-train to other functions within the team, when required
4) Change Mindset & Emphasis on Quality
- Ability to demonstrate a change mindset and challenge status quo
- Demonstrate a process excellence mindset and awareness
- Be part of the culture of process excellence and quality focus
- Bachelor degree, and / or professional qualification in Banking / Finance
- At least 3 years of banking transactions with settlements, corporate action or securities masterfile experience. Experience in Private Banking is a plus.
- Familiar with financial products as well as the market infrastructures, regulations and operational risks related to the trade processing and settlement of these products. Knowledgeable about SWIFT messages types
- Knowledge of Excel VBA macro knowledge is a plus.
Closing on 27 May 2021orview more job listings from this company