Operator, Washing Section
Logistics / Supply Chain
S$1300 - S$1500
Operate washing machines, tumble dryers and dry-cleaning (DC) machines to launder soiled linens in accordance to proper operating procedures and planned washing schedule. Washing machines include Continuous Batch Washer (CBW) and Washing Extractor (WE).
Washed goods will be sent for downstream processing such as ironing, folding, QC and packing.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / TASKS
- Sort and weigh soiled linen before depositing into the machines. Loading weight should be within acceptable limit and need to ensure no over-loading or under-loading.
- Press the right button on machine to wash soiled linens using the desired washing formula. After started the washing operation, record the customer name, load weight and wash time.
- While the current load is being washed in the WE or DC machine, prepare the next wash load of soiled linens and get ready an empty laundry bins for storage.
- Perform daily/ regular cleaning of the machine and drain filters, lint trap baskets etc.
- Load washed linen into tumble dryer for drying in accordance with the procedures for the linen type. Ensure correct drying temperature and time is used for the linens.
- Check and ensure there is no excessive lint build-up in the dryer’s lint filter before start of drying. Clean the filter net should there be a build-up.
- Ensure that electric power of all dryers are off and the dryer drums are empty before leaving plant at the end of the day.
- Meet the washing schedule/daily wash target set by the Leader and Operations Supervisor.
- Follow all safety rules & regulations and be mindful of risks and hazards at all times.
- Check and ensure there is sufficient starch in the starch tank for dosing in the morning before start work.
- Load the soiled linen into the overhead soiled linen bags when required to do so.
- Sort out the soiled linen when required to do so. Remove non-washable or foreign objects from the soiled linens before washing.
- Master the skill in operating machines and washing procedures.
- Follow duty roster planned by the Supervisor and be flexible in deployment at various washing sections.
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
- Adhoc duties as assigned by supervisor
- Physically fit to carry out job functions
- Able to work in non-air conditioned environment
- 6 days work week. Rotating off-days.
- Staggered lunch time.
- Need to wear uniform and safety shoes
Closing on 11 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company