Pathology Associate, SingHealth Tissue Repository (2-year contract)
SINGAPORE HEALTH SERVICES PTE LTD
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
S$3000 - S$5000
You will be responsible for the collection and processing of blood as well as inventory stock taking. You will calibrate, check and maintain laboratory equipment according to specifications. You will also be responsible for the preparation of reagents and laboratory material used in assigned routines or specialised areas. You will assess the suitability of tissues for harvesting, perform sampling so as not to compromise subsequent diagnostic analysis, takes photographs of specimens when indicated and conduct microscopic examinations of sampled tissues for quality assurance.
You will maintain high standards of professional services and ensure adherence to national and international accreditation standards and the standard operating procedures of the department. You will work with the committee and staff in the cluster to implement cluster-wide policies and procedures governing tissue collection and handling. You will assist the Director to formulate immediate and long-term plans for the development of department services in SingHealth. You will perform specialised investigations according to established procedures and records and report results to physicians/clients.
- Bachelor of Medicine or equivalent medical qualification from medical school
- Completed an approved residency in anatomic pathology
- Experience in clinical pathology will be advantageous
- Licensed to practice medicine and pathology at a specialist level
- Experience in immunohistochemistry and molecular biology will be advantageous
- Ability to work independently and make reliable recommendations and diagnoses
Closing on 22 May 2021orview more job listings from this company