THE CHINA NAVIGATION COMPANY PTE. LTD.
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation
S$2000 - S$3200
This role will require the individual to be responsible for all crew payroll and accounts related matters.
- Maintains monthly payroll for CNCo/SPSM seafarers and ensure monthly wages are promptly processed and properly disbursed in accordance with their contract terms.
- This includes processing of balance of wages, allotments, sick wages, and claims through Compas (payroll system).
- Ensure that mandatory payments such as CPF and pension payments are processed timely.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and timely processing of the payroll of all permanently employed seafarers including project crew and auditors.
- Checks all payroll summary reports, Master’s cash statement, wage variables and bond summaries, and post to an SAP system.
- Checking and posting of monthly manning and training invoices. Ensuring proper costs are billed by the vendors and payments processed.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of manning accounts and posts required adjusting entries.
- Checking and posting of inter-company accounts including balance sheet items.
- Keep Inventory and retention of payroll and accounts documents at the warehouse.
- Assists in company audit as required.
- Comply with and review the payroll /account SOP and process and suggest improvements.
- Ensuring that the Purchase Orders are uploaded in the SAP system before processing payments.
- Ensure that all data is treated in line with the company data protection policy.
- Supporting ad-hoc administrative duties. (as assigned by the Payroll team leader)
- Backup to PAT (NOK) Team if required, as assigned by the Head of Crewing.
- Take responsibility for own safety and those around by displaying safety leadership principles (i.e. Safety I’s & Accountability ladder).
- Challenge and stop unsafe acts and behaviours or unsafe conditions when and if observed.
- Comply with the Global Safety Standards, Policies, and Operating Procedures.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Degree/Diploma in accounting/payroll or any similar discipline.
- A background in Marine /Crew Payroll with at least 1-year experience would be an advantage.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Accurate and numerate; Self-starter with good initiative.
- Able to adapt to working with different software’s.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Closing on 27 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company