EQUINIX ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Information Technology
S$12000 - S$18000
Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Equinix is looking for a Principal Architect in the Product Software Engineering team to take the software platforms & tools to the next level. As the hands-on Architect & Engineer, you would be directly responsible for architecture, proof of concept, innovation, design, improving velocity, quality & sustainability aspects of the Product Development.
- Understands, reads, and reviews requirements. Interacts with product management teams to understand product requirements and define product roadmaps.
- Participates in architectural review process. Defines architecture, presents to the product engineering team, to ensure that the architecture is aligned with the overall technology vision & roadmap.
- Incorporates standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability and maintainability.
- Advocate, document, and follow best design and development practices.
- Provides technical leadership to team for design & architecture of products. Evaluates and recommends adoption of open source frameworks to influence build vs. buy decisions.
- Participates in cross-functional & cross-technical discussions and influences the Product feature design & development.
- Interact with Business System Analysts to design and deliver technical solutions to support various business functions.
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment to enable successful delivery with a minimal supervision.
- Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates new technologies. Influences senior leadership in setting the organization's technical objectives. Keeps abreast of new developments to help define the necessary changes to practice.
- Works with technical project managers and product management teams to define schedule on multiple projects. Provides overall project status reporting, manages and influences cross-functional release cycle.
- Responsible for maintaining cloud architecture landscape (operation/security architecture).
- Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, be detail oriented, and are passionate in applied technology; they value customer experience, are innovative as well as quantitative.
It is you, if:
- You are passionate, creative and self-driven
- You are curious and collaborative, and a believer in the power of teams and teamwork
- You are flexible and have a broad set of capabilities to wear multiple hats
- You thrive in a dynamic and a fast-paced environment
- You pursue speed and simplicity relentlessly
- You are a natural leader in everything you do
- BS/MS degree or equivalent with 10+ years in the field of Software Engineering and Development
- Working understanding of core architecture concept for building highly available, scalable distributed system
- Proven track record of working with multiple cross-functional teams to drive architecture adoption
- Possess a passion for programming and have the ability to program in Java and at least one other programming language such as Python, NodeJS, Golang
- Working knowledge on Reactive/Functional Programming
- Well-versed with latest technologies and development practices including Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, Kafka
- Understanding of cloud technologies including Kubernetes, Containers, Highly Available Distributed computing, Microservices based architecture, REST
- Strong hands-on experience/knowledge on data modeling and interaction & No-SQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
- Strong working experience in microservices API first development, API gateway & API Orchestration
- Excellent understanding of Service oriented design & architecture, Application Integration & Messaging, Security and Web
- Strong understanding of design principles, design patterns and best practices
- Working experience in architecting a cloud-based production system with at least of the leading public cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and cross-functional organizational ability to influence others
Closing on 14 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company