Product Controller - Associate - Finance
NOMURA SINGAPORE LIMITED
Banking and Finance
S$6250 - S$9500
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
The fixed income product control team covering a broad range of vanilla and exotic products based in Singapore. The Product Control team (within Global Middle Office) at Nomura goes beyond the core Product Control responsibilities and acts as a key advisory and value-add function to the business covering various aspects of finance (eg. Financial Resource usage, legal entity booking model, bespoke transaction approval, business analysis, technical projects, cross-functional liaison etc.)
- Responsible for Foreign Exchange and Emerging Markets business with specific focus on Structured Fixed Income business (Exotic Rates, Hybrids).
- Take ownership, and be accountable for the timely and accurate calculation, verification, reporting of daily P&L to internal stakeholders.
- Interaction with Trading, Operations, Risk, Valuations, FC&R and other functions to resolve booking, valuation, and financial resource query.
- Provide daily/ weekly./ monthly/ quarterly P&L commentaries
- Undertake critical reviews of trading activity with the objective of highlighting significant items to senior management. This includes structured transaction review
- Undertake various month end procedure, inclusive of Balance Sheet substantiation.
- Support cross regional booking and product initiatives
- University Graduate, preferably in Finance/Economics/Accounting with 7 or more years of experience in product control/market risk within investment banking or a large financial services company
- Strong Fixed Income product knowledge (Rates and Foreign Exchange in particular) is preferred
- Strong understanding of cross border booking, cross border controls and inter-regional financial resource implications
- Experienced in banks note issuance framework and own credit will be preferred
- Strong MS Office skills, able to present data in a readable format within a reasonable timeframe. Basic knowledge of digital tools (Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Python, RPA, UI Path etc) will be an added advantage
- Should be self-driven with strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills, combined with well-developed inter-personal skills, and independent
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Team player, proactive and self-starting, able to navigate across multiple stakeholders and display leadership qualities to bring stakeholders together to achieve the desired result
Please apply to the role via https://nomuracareers.resourcesolutions.com/gold/cbjbaaa/default.cfm?id=304586&jobid=1186160
Closing on 06 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company