Product Controller Officer
ENGIE ENERGY MARKETING SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$6000 - S$9000
WHO WE ARE
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE’s Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 8 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,400 people around the world.
Within the GEM Business Unit the Business Platform APAC&LNG is managing and developing the group’s trading activities for the APAC region as well as the LNG business worldwide.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR ROLE
To support its development of the BP APAC&LNG, the Singapore office. is reinforcing its Product Control function.
As a Product Controller Officer, you will report to the Product Controller Team Lead.
You will be asked to be able to compute P&L and exposure values, to challenge results, and produce more in-depth analysis on specific trading strategies when needed by Traders. A strong ability to perform analysis is a must.
Key in the control framework, you will forge an effective working relationship with the different Front Office and other Support Functions teams (particularly Back Office-Trade Support and Market Risk), a strong ability to liaise with other people is required.
The main responsibilities are:
Product Control Derivatives & Physical activities (LNG & Freight)
- Producing/Reporting the daily economic P&L, ensuring its consistency and Integrity, mainly on Gas, Oil and Power perimeters
- Daily monitoring and analysis of the exposure to ensure a compliance to Risk limits.
- P&L Controls and explanation through risk indicators: Greeks, MtM valuation, market parameters evolution, commodities exposures
- Analysis and explanation of the trader’s (and sales) performance, through reports based on specific indicators (PnL, Value created at inception, volume traded)
- Monitor & Analyse of physical deliveries (LNG/Freight)
- Providing operational support to Front Office
- Performing ad-hoc requests from Front Office or Management
- Participation to end of Month closings and specific controls
- Management of the Front Office book structure
Transversal Support to Business
- Take part in the GEM APAC&LNG Business initiatives (ex. New Product Approval, IS Projects)
- Support sales on reports, analysis and performance
- Continually analyse processes and identify opportunities for process improvement
Education & professional background
- Bachelor of Degree or higher in Economics , Finance or Engineering discipline.
- 4-10 years of Market Risk or Product Control/PnL experience from either a commodity trading house, oil major or an investment bank.
- Understanding of trading environment (on Commodities will be appreciated)
- Understanding of Finance/derivatives fundamental (Valuation, relational database, business intelligence, etc…)
- Knowledge of Commodities Markets dynamics
- Knowledge on Allegro, IMOS or Orchestrade system is a strong plus
- Interactive behavior : Active Listening and communication skills
- Problem solving : Issues perception, analyzing, practical thinking, creativity, innovation
- Personal effectiveness : Facilitation skills, pragmatism and pro-activity, resilience to stress, taking initiative, learning ability
- Singapore – Asia Square Tower 1
Closing on 11 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company