Program Director, Media System
GROUPM ASIA PACIFIC HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
Advertising / Media
S$13000 - S$21000
Overview of job
GroupM have taken the decision to engage an experienced and dedicated transformation professional to drive the delivery of its new media system program across APAC.
The new media system program is part of an overall process, structure and systems transformation project that is implementing new ways of working for our organisation.
This person must rapidly mobilise the wider new media system program and shape the program team, allowing GroupM to successfully and rapidly deploy the new media system at scale across the region over the coming three years.
The successful candidate will have done this before and be experienced at shaping, orchestrating and delivering a program of this scale.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Chief Information Officer, Asia Pacific
3 best things about the job:
- Joining the worlds’ largest marketing services group and working with the world’s largest technology services providers
- Significant autonomy and responsibility in making the role a success
- A role covering one of the largest business and technology projects for the region.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Have taken over all on-going project activities and be driving the internal and external project team to scalable, repeatable delivery
- Be the go to person for all aspects of day to day program management for the new media system
In six months:
- Have established a clear roadmap for the new media system for delivery beyond the initial markets of Malaysia and Singapore
- Be proactively managing the new media system program activities across all service streams.
In 12 months:
- Have improved the quality of the new media system program and service delivery to the point where its success is ensured.
- We can’t live without you!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Understand objectives as well as the impact of not meeting these objectives – the business problems that GroupM is trying to solve, what success looks like, and the value that GroupM is intended to preserve and create.
- Allow stakeholders to understand complexities and consequently where trade-offs need to be made, ensuring all stakeholders align on, agree with and support design decisions with an awareness of consequences and what might be sub-optimal.
- Assist sponsors to appropriately clarify who is accountable and responsible for what, defining and agreeing responsibilities and levels of authority between client teams, product owners, functional leads, SMEs, the program office, and the group responsible for MVP delivery, as well as third parties.
- Ensure program workstreams adopt good practice approach to governance, appropriate to company culture and team skills (e.g. terms of reference, project plans, issue management, etc).
- Set up and support the running of program governance processes (e.g. weekly progress meetings, steering groups).
- Evolve program governance as required to reflect increasing complexity, scope and size of program.
Planning and reporting
- Work with all program workstreams to regularly review short & long-term plans.
- Create and maintain overarching program plan.
- Ensure regular reporting processes are in place (to meet stakeholder needs).
- Provide visibility of program status, big issues and likely prognosis, so that significant risks are actively managed and not a surprise.
- Shape and lead the program team, developing and redesigning the team structure and capability as the program evolves.
- Manage recruitment process (brief agencies, interview candidates), secure the necessary expertise to close resource capability gaps, and ensure effective onboarding of new team members.
- Develop a clear scope that the IPE program can plan and mobilize against, including individual client journeys, dependencies, tracking of benefits and KPIs, and clarity of the relationships between the IPE program and the MVP.
- Orchestrate all program activities, becoming single point of contact for management of Hogarth interests and interface between sponsors and program delivery teams.
- Mobilisation of new phases of program work.
- Establish PMO operation and management.
- Onboarding suppliers/delivery partner teams (NDAs, MSAs, legal and commercial agreements, etc).
Commercial and financial management
- Ensure commercial process operate smoothly for suppliers and WPP.
- Take ownership of and manage the IPE program business case and budget, controlling changes and incorporating necessary risk allowances.
- Ensure effective management of the suppliers delivering the solution and the services, including how scope is managed, configuration alignment with product roadmaps, assumptions that underpin delivery plans and any potential contractual issues.
Program Team support and coaching
- Coaching team members on project management principles, disciplines and ways of working
- Mentoring and counselling team members as required.
- Support individual’s role transition and development.
- Organise, plan and facilitate (as required) team planning and development sessions.
Strategic advisory service
- Thought leadership and advocacy around business readiness, change management and program management.
- Advice on team structure, team working, organisation and program design.
- Evolution of the target operating model
- Portfolio management, benefits management and approval/decision processes
What you will need:
- 10-15 years of business change and program leadership experience, including management of similar complex global technology transformation programs in dynamic organisations.
- Degree educated, and PRINCE2 or PMP accreditation.
- Able to inventively apply theory to practice, negotiate well and influence people, obtaining the necessary buy-in from multiple stakeholders to make change possible.
- Decisive, structured and pragmatic.
- Strategic thinker who is dynamic, energetic and ambitious.
- Strong leader, collaborator and good communicator.
- Excellent facilitator and coach.
- Team player and contributor.
- Can travel if/when required.
- Knowledge of marketing and media businesses would be a great advantage.
- Qualifications in Management or Leadership will be highly regarded
- Strong business process mapping and improvement skills
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength, so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.
Singapore market overview
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organization to join and develop a career in.
Closing on 04 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company