GRASSHOPPER PTE. LTD.
Permanent, Full Time
S$6000 - S$15000
Grasshopper is a leading Proprietary Trading Group and a major liquidity provider for global exchanges. We are seeking 2 team-oriented individuals to join us as a Python Backend Developers.
We do not have customers; we do not indulge in politics; we are not typical. We are motivated problem solvers, thirsty technologists, and adept risk takers.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for team-players who are creative in their approach to problem-solving. They take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue, and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to do it. Having a good mindset of self-improvement and actively take responsibility.
• As backend engineer in a tech-focused company, you will be making some of the most strategic decisions to scale and evolve our platform.
• Backend engineers work across all teams and projects and have experience or interest in building robust solutions.
• In long term, need to understand deeply system and services to maintain and improve its design/performance, develop more features to existing applications used in trading activities with care of performance and data/query cost and also the future scalability
• Debug and fixing issue might encounter with long term and high performance solution.
• Document development, dev-ops process, important design; Update relevant documents after any changes.
• Take care of the code base, database, share knowledge, introduce new ideas, grow the dev culture!
• Review code, support the other members/teams to import/extract data.
• Working with not only the dev team but also the trading/compliance team to get the business knowledge and task requirement
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• Good communications skills
• Minimum 3 years direct experience working with Python language and familiar working with Django or other Python-backend framework. Candidates with more experience may also apply.
• Must have robust knowledge with SQL, and experience working with Relation Database System such as PostgreSQL, MySQL,..
• Strong fundamentals knowledge such as OOP programming, algorithms, data structure and design patterns
• Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Having DevOps experience is an advantage
• GNU Unix/Linux experience
• Git or versioning tool experience
• Candidates with additional experience with the below will be highly favoured:
- Messaging system (e.g. RabbitMQ, Solace), Distributed system
- GCloud platform
- CI/CD tools (Jenkin, Docker...)
- Another programming language such as Java and/or GO
Closing on 07 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company