Python Software Engineer – Commodities – Front Office Athena, Associate
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$7000 - S$14000
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will be working in the Commodities Technology team in Singapore. This is a global team that develops and maintains the systems responsible in Athena for trading, price calculation, risk management, P& L reporting and trade booking covering majority global derivative markets and commodities products (Futures, Options, and Swap etc.)
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income & credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
We are seeking a technically strong and disciplined developer. Working closely with QR, Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams, you will be called upon to deliver quality code in a fast paced environment that evolves as business opportunities present themselves. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture, continuous learning in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness
- Minimum 3 years of experience in one or more object oriented languages such as Python, Java, C++, C
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment
- Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users, and taking ownership of deliverables all the way to the production environment would be a plus
- Understanding of trading and modelling of financial securities. Concepts around pricing, risk management and trade model would be a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Closing on 26 Jun 2021orview more job listings from this company