Regional Financial Controller
EXPERIAN SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$16000 - S$18000
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) Regional Financial Controller ensures the Financial Integrity of the APAC financial results by overseeing the accounting, operational finance, governance and controls for the region. The APAC Regional Financial Controller reports directly to the APAC CFO and is supported by the GFS shared service centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal;
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to form and leverage relationships;
- Experience of influencing senior leaders;
- A strong courage of conviction and a confidence to challenge commercial decisions;
- Ability to understand and use financial tools and systems, including Oracle, Hyperion and Excel;
- Experience working in a global organization with stakeholders across multiple territories;
- Ability to develop, analyse and effectively interpret financial information, including the effects of business and technology, initiatives and trends.
What you’ll be doing:
The core responsibility of the Regional Financial Controller is to ensure the Financial Integrity and end-to-end financial control for APAC, including:
- Managing a team of 7 Financial Controllers (direct and indirect);
- Ensuring balance sheet positions are challenged with regards to the appropriateness, completeness, valuation and classification of entries;
- Month end close processes and managing working capital movements;
- Region-wide impairment reviews of Goodwill, Investment and Intangible Asset balances;
- Overseeing preparation of the annual statutory accounts for c.30 legal entities;
- Acting as a primary point of contact for internal and external auditors;
- Ensuring appropriate application of Group and local accounting policies;
- Maintaining and ensuring adherence to APAC Delegated Authority Matrix (DAM) and formal governance processes i.e. Special Projects Committee (SPC); Capex Gating Committee; etc.
- Annual budgeting and monthly forecasting of Capex and Operating Cash Flow (OCF)
- Managing revenue recognition on complex projects
- Liaising with the regional GFS shared service centre to ensure correct client billing, supplier invoicing, manual journal entries, payroll, and credit control.
- Identifying areas of potential improvement to finance processes, including simplification and offshoring of standardized processes.
More about you
- An appropriate Finance qualification (CPA, ACA or ACCA) or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues with little experience and / or knowledge of finance
- Pro-active attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
- Goal oriented – ability to break down problems to create a plan to achieve goals without clear guidance on how to proceed
Closing on 13 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company