Risk Manager, Risk Advisory & Methodology (Director)
BANK OF SINGAPORE LIMITED
Banking and Finance
S$10000 - S$20000
Risk advisory and methodology team in Bank of Singapore has two key responsibilities:
Methodology Framework: The team the owns and maintains the firm's collateral lending and derivatives margining methodology, performing analytics to ensure the models are in line with the market risk levels, and ensuring the methodology is aligned to private banking industry's standards and approach. The team conducts periodical risk calibrations, back testing, analysis and model enhancements to help ensure these objectives are continuously met.
Risk Analytics and Advisory: The team also produces analytics for risk and front office users, that adds value to their day-to-day helping them crisply understand the portfolio risk and composition. The analytics are also intended to make risk monitoring and reporting be more automated and simplified helping users to identify and understand key areas of focus from a risk perspective.
Other responsibilities for the team include perform periodical stress testing of portfolios, to calibrate risk appetite to a fast evolving global markets, streamline and tighten existing BAU process, provide thought leadership and support from a business perspective on the change initiatives that are either run bank wide or within risk, and to manage risk reporting effort for senior leadership.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Senior Risk Manager role to drive review and enhancement of risk methodology while adding value to the team's analytics and advisory effort
- To enhance the existing documentation and help build the model library for the inventory of existing models
- To guide the team to perform required quantitative analytics to ensure the models in use continue to remain fit for purpose and propose changes or model enhancements where necessary
- To help support the ongoing model validation efforts
- Foster collaboration with Front Office and products team to both assist them in various risk mitigation strategies and also to ensure our margining approach continues to remain aligned to the PB industry standards
- Be able to independently suggest ideas for model enhancements, based on a strong understanding of the risk and return drivers for different asset classes
- Provide guidance and support to Senior Management on collateral margining methodology specifically as it relates to Product, Market and Regulatory Risk matters.
- Good University or a Post Graduate degree, preferably in the field of quantitative finance
- Proficient in Python, VBA, SQL and be an advanced Bloomberg/Reuters user.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience - preferably in Private banking, but other areas including asset management and investment banking will also be considered
- Have a strong cross asset experience and a keen interest and understanding of the markets - factors that drive different asset class returns and their risk
- Good knowledge of financial products - cash products and derivatives (along with the greeks)
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of investment risk and portfolio attribution are an advantage
- Additional Experience in project management and change initiatives is helpful.
Closing on 25 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company