TIMES PUBLISHING LIMITED
Education and Training
S$3000 - S$4500
Marshall Cavendish Education is the leading national and regional provider of K–12 (Pre-school, Primary and Secondary) educational solutions.
With over 60 years of expertise in the industry, we have been consistently providing a comprehensive range of quality academic enrichment publications, boosting multilingual content to more than 60 countries. Our highly regarded brand has gained recognition worldwide for our outstanding work in ensuring educational excellence.
After 40 years, we remain the market leader in Singapore, providing schools with quality solutions that have contributed to the nation’s outstanding performance in international student assessment study reports, such as Trends in International Mathematics and Science study (TIMSS) and Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA).
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop content to align with Curriculum Framework.
- Guide and monitor authors in staying on track with product concept and writing style agreed.
- Evaluate coverage and accuracy of authors’ work against syllabus and content requirements.
- Manage quality of writing including extensive editing and rewriting if necessary.
- Do up artwork and photo briefs.
- Managing work-in-progress content changes including liaising with Ministry of Education and distributors on changes required.
- Review development work done by freelancers and packagers.
- Copyedit and take manuscripts through production.
- Work on course related video and audio components.
- Work with authors and colleagues to ensure high quality and timely product releases.
- Conduct focus groups to gather market response.
- Good degree in Science up to University level or related degree.
- Excellent people skills and with an ability to manage strong personalities.
- Candidates with knowledge of the Singapore education system will have an advantage.
- Good understanding of market needs and trends in education, including educational technologies.
Closing on 04 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company