Scrum Master - Autumn Life
AUTUMN LIFE PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$8000 - S$12500
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and Never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
SC Ventures (“SCV”) was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of “Rewiring the DNA in Banking” by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as “Intrapreneurs”, developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept (“POC”) framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund (“Fund”), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies (“fintechs”) whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models (“ventures”), with the objective of providing ‘optionality’ for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group’s existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group’s support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco.
This role will sit with Autumn Life venture which is a subsidiary of the bank.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Scrum Master. The scrum master is responsible for leading and coaching multiple platform and application development teams, coordinating and scheduling team ceremonies, measuring progress and monitoring team performance (scope, schedule, quality) and coordination with other scrum masters and subject matter experts to resolve impediments and understand key inter-team dependencies.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the scrum framework and is able to articulate scrum concepts and their value based on prior experience.
• Leading and coaching the organization in its Agile adoption and promoting delivery of business value
• Teach and Coach Agile practices and values within the organization
• Influencing change that increases team performance at a sustainable pace
• Building and promoting an open, trusting and respectful team environment; facilitating discussion, collaborative decision making and conflict resolution • Collaborating with the Product Owner to ensure backlogs are groomed and maintained
• Providing support to the team(s) using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Organizing and facilitating daily stand-ups, requirement estimation, sprint & release planning, demos, retrospectives and other related team meetings.
• Tracking and reporting of all relevant team performance metrics to ensure organizational transparency, including but not limited to team velocity, sprint & release status
Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Business
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects, or operational excellence with a minimum 2 years of experience serving in a scrum master role leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced services environment
• Experience leading multiple (2+) teams concurrently, with direct responsibility for tracking & reporting on key metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to apply best practices re: backlog management, capturing burndown & velocity metrics and tasklevel definition/estimation.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure to manage competing demands
• Strong judgment, with the ability to make quick, yet sound decisions and follow through.
• Creative approach to problem-solving, with a strong customer focus and commitment to deliver
• Team-player attitude, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish high-trust professional relationships quickly
• Combined 8+ years experience in the capacity of Project manager, delivery manager, technical lead or developer
• Experience in financial services including Retail Banking, Insurance, Asset Manager is an advantage
• Relevant Agile training and Certified Scrum Master or similar certification is a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
How to Apply
Please visit - https://scb.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100001524&lang=en to apply now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.
You can search and view current opportunities across our global organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com.
To help speed up your application, please note the following:
• You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
• Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
• We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Closing on 05 May 2021orview more job listings from this company