Senior Account Manager - Southeast Asia & India (based in Singapore)
PREQIN PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$7500 - S$8500
Preqin is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Preqin’s online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Preqin’s clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents.
Primarily a data company; Preqin is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
Team Overview: (what is the purpose and objective of ASA team)
ASA (ASEAN and South Asia) is Preqin’s second largest team in APAC. It is a dynamic territory with its longstanding prime markets in Singapore, Malaysia and India; emerging market potential in Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
The team has seen double-digit growth in annual recurring revenue (ARR) in the last seven years with a stable client base, consisting of established fund managers, institutional investors and service providers (law firms, consulting firms, banks etc.).
The existing team of 3 salespeople consists of highly motivated, energetic and achievement-oriented individuals; this regional territory has consistently been one of the top drivers for APAC’s performance. The team’s primary goal is to grow Preqin’s business, relationships and brand equity in ASA.
Role Overview: what is the purpose of the role
The senior account manager will inherit a portfolio of accounts within the ASA territory; their primary goal is to strategically manage and grow net revenue from this book of business. It is dynamic sales role with fundamental activities rooted in renewals and usage growth (partner with Customer Success Managers for the latter), while simultaneously requiring a strong tactical focus on upselling and cross-selling products and into new departments/subsidiaries.
Roles and Responsibilities: Deliverables
· Achieve or exceed monthly net sales targets by developing and growing existing accounts
· Manage account renewals every month and adopt best-practices in executing and negotiating
· Hunt for opportunities to upsell and cross-sell by having an in-depth understanding of customers’ business and Preqin’s suite of solutions
· Be able to sell and negotiate medium to high-complexity contracts over email, phone, zoom and face-face
· Employ a consultative approach to selling Preqin’s services – deep understanding of clients’ business models and problems, their workflow processes, and identifying the appropriate Preqin solutions
· Work collaboratively within a team environment to prioritize the interests of our customers and the firm
· Accurately report internal administration: CRM activity log, sales pipeline forecasting, monthly reports to management, renewal planning and proposal preparation
Key Requirements for this Role:
· At least 4 years of sales and strategic account management experience in a similar discipline (financial data vendor, financial services, alternative investments, business to business SaaS sales, solution selling) preferrably in APAC region.
· Consultative sales (e.g. SPIN selling) and negotiation skills and experience in a B2B ecosystem
· Proven track record in achieving sales and retention targets
· Excellent interpersonal skills in written and verbal business communications
· Organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly
· Sales motivated, team-focused attitude, and willingness to collaborate with peers, product management, and internal key constituents at the firm
· Working knowledge of the financial market data space, alternative assets, and financial services industries
· Highly proficient in MS Office Suite and CRM systems.
Experience with Salesforce is a must.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field required
· Demonstrate ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
· Willingness to travel when opportunities arise
Closing on 07 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company