Senior Analyst Climate Risk Models Validation (Banking) - (6 Months Contract)
HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$15000 - S$16000
About the Job:
You’ll be working for an international banking company who is looking for Senior Analyst with hands-on experience in Climate Risk Models Validation. This is a 6 months contract and to be based in Singapore.
- Individual will be doing internal project and it will transit to BAU.
- The successful candidate is required to perform end-to-end validation of the climate risk models used in risk management, capital calculation, stress testing, etc.
- Subject-matter-expert concerning climate risk modelling (both physical risk and transition risk) and the use of climate risk models for credit risk and financial stress testing.
- Perform an independent validation of the climate risk models used in risk management, capital calculation, stress testing, etc.
- Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions and theoretical basis.
- Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing.
- Documentation of validation findings and communication of results to senior management and presentation to relevant committees.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions.
- Manage and complete the model validation from end to end, meeting the planned timelines and required standards.
- Review regulatory requirements and industry practice regarding the models.
- Assist Head of Model Validation in addressing concerns or questions relating to the models.
- The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of the following areas : Climate science (climate change, environmental risk/finance ESG); and Key issues that surround climate risk areas. This is compulsory.
- The successful candidate must also have in-depth model development or validation experience and risk modelling experience (3 years minimum).
- Candidate who is flexible and adaptable to heavy workload.
- Excellent understanding on how climate risk impacts the credit risk and client risk profile.
- Candidate must come from Banking background with 8 - 12 years work experience in this sector.
- This role is open to PR, Singaporean and EP holder (maximum 1 month notice period) based in Singapore.
Closing on 28 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company