Senior Big Data Engineer
ONE NORTH CONSULTING PTE. LTD.
Information Technology, Insurance
Contract, Full Time
S$6500 - S$8500
One North Consulting is currently hiring Senior Big Data Engineers with about 6~10 years of experience as per details given below:
Roles & Responsibilities
As Senior Big Data Engineer, you will focus on managing the Hadoop cluster, Implementing data ingestion framework & designing data models. Your primary role will be to implement data lake & transform the data for business use.
- Deliver big data solution based on premise Hadoop or cloud based systems like AWS. Manage Hadoop cluster, participate in scale out planning & implementation.
- Design ingestion layer for structured & unstructured data (text, voice, xml etc) & implement insurance specific data model for business & analytics use.
- Deliver ELT solution including data extraction, transformation, cleansing, data integration and data management. Implement batch & near real time data ingestion pipelines based on reference architecture like Lambda.
- Ability to augment with new sources of data including internal/external untapped data. Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of cloud computing platform and big data services.
- Operationalize analytics models for production usage with big data workflows, proper security & access control.
- Ability to provide support for analytics tools & environment like RServer etc & debug performance issues.
- Databases: RDBMS, SQL programming
- ETL and Data Integration Tools: Azure Data Factory (ADF), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SAS Data Integration
- Big Data: Hadoop (Hortonworks), Hive, Spark, Sqoop, etc
- Programming and Scripting: Linux/Unix Shell Scripting, Java, Scala, Hive QL
- BI/Dashboarding: SAS Visual Analytics, Qliksense
- 6-10 years in data engineering and modelling.
- Hands-on in managing data mapping, data quality and integrity, performance in data processing, etc
- Experience in insurance domain (e.g. LifeAsia system) is an advantage
- Experience in Agile software development
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Proactive with can-do attitude
- Independent and self-motivated
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight timeline
- Able to provide regular updates
If Interested, please email us your CV to Kashish@OneNorthConsulting.com
Closing on 10 Jul 2021orview more job listings from this company