Senior Business Development Manager (Pacific) - Banks
TRANSFERWISE SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$12500 - S$15000
Senior Business Development Manager for Banks - Singapore
We’re looking for a sharp, entrepreneurial Business Development Manager who is passionate about driving TransferWise’s mission - Money without borders. You’ll work to independently originate deals, navigate complex bank structures - guiding convergence across multiple stakeholders while influencing the strategy and roadmap for Business Development by listening to what our partners are saying.
The TransferWise for Banks product is a key strategic priority for the next stage of the company’s rapidly growing platform proposition. The team leverages our open APIs for licensed financial institutions to embed our much-loved products into their infrastructure. We’ve launched partnerships globally, and are looking for someone to focus and deepen our presence in Asia.
A bit about the role:
The role is based in our Singapore office, but you will also work closely with the global bank business development team based in our offices around the world. You will work closely with other functions, including product management, compliance & legal, implementation, account management and engineering.
Communicate, collaborate and convince Banks of the value of embedding the TransferWise API and UX into their banking platforms, as a means of offering international money transfers to their customers. In order to do, you will focus on:
- Growth - Develop and execute ‘go to market’ strategies that unlock partnerships with Tier 1/Tier 2 Banks, digital banks, wallets in the region.
- Lead Generation - Structure creative outreach strategies to curate and build top of the funnel leads
- Pipeline management - Closely manage and drive conversion in a pipeline of qualified leads
- Analysis - Demonstrate keen ability to scope and size opportunities through a data-driven mindset. Determine pipeline prioritisation by identifying highest return on effort through a deep understanding of the blockers / enablers in each deal.
- Commercial Management - Have a strong head for economics, and be responsible for managing the financial negotiations with bank partners to drive a win-win outcome
- Technical - Talk a bank through the steps required for an API integration into their systems on manageable yet tight timelines. Our API documents are public - check these out to start understanding the product.
- Stakeholder Management - Independently manage simultaneous conversations with multiple stakeholders, internal and external, across long and short sales cycle deals. Invest in these relationships to effect influence and create long term value for all parties
- Product - Work closely with the product teams to provide valuable feedback (based on your conversations with prospects) to guide product roadmap and improve end customer experience.
A bit about you:
- You’re experienced in end-to-end, high impact project or deal delivery, specifically related to APIs and Banks.
- You can come up with a strategic plan, execute this whilst not being afraid to iterate this as you learn...to put it simply, you get things done!
- You love a good challenge, and have the ambition and drive to manage multiple deals in a high-pressure, fast moving environment.
- You’re experienced in building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders from Banks of all sizes - from CEO’s, to heads of compliance, technology, risk and innovation.
- You’re logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but are not afraid to voice your instinct.
- You are customer-focused. At TransferWise, they always come first, so you need to be enthusiastic about helping our customers and delivering on our mission.
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Held a commercial / external facing role at a fintech in Australia.
- Be familiar with the regulatory landscape in Pacific and understand how international payments work in banks today - why is it broken, and what are the trends today?
- You are familiar with tools such as Salesforce and data analytics tools.
- Fluency in Japanese.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Closing on 12 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company